1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Black Cat

Le transalpin metteur en scène Lucio Fulci, l'homme qui zoome plus vite que son ombre, est ici, un peu moins nul que d'habitude... www.cinefiches.com

2. msmichel's rating of the film The Black Cat

Uncharacteristically mainstream film from director Fulci very loosely based/inspired from/by Poe. The gore is kept to a minimal but so are the scares unfortunately. Patrick Magee gives a good unhinged performance here but every one else is pretty wooden.

3. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film The Black Cat

saw it with my cats and they're unimpressed

4. Patrick John's rating of the film The Black Cat

5. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film The Black Cat

A window into a time when human beings were not just data mining aphids harvested by invisible elites. Strange old men could be found on tombstones, trying to speak to ghosts. Cats murdered people. Empathy was dangerous. Edgar Allen Poe was still read, as were books. error lived within the shadows instead of selling news media entertainment and wars of convenience. Evil men were undone by even more evil spirits.

6. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Black Cat

Toxoplasmosis! I enjoyed this one—four times more than 'Your Vice is a Locked Room'. Well, four-and-one-half times more to be precise. Which is half of nine, a number I will now be careful to avoid . . .

7. Monica Sanchez's rating of the film The Black Cat

Love Fulci. Nothing better than a killer cat based on a story by Edgar Allan Poe.

8. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Black Cat

Probably the weakest Fulci film

9. Diderot's rating of the film The Black Cat

It's a profoundly stupid movie but, if you get past the first hour, not entirely miserable to watch.

10. David R Williams's rating of the film The Black Cat

A must see for fans Fulcio. Atmospheric in a way that reminded me at times of the best of Bava. Bizarre as much of Fulcio often is: characters seeking answers in a world governed by nightmare logic (so if you start thinking how ludicrous this all is you should just stop thinking), and really, just a gorgeous piece of filmmaking. Turn off your mind and enjoy.

11. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Black Cat

Dig those crazy bats! They'd probably taste stringy, considering that we can see their strings! This is a barely-coherent movie almost completely unrelated to the Poe story, except for the famous ending, which they botch! In better movies, the ending is handled with finesse, and you can enjoy the surprise/irony. In this movie, the ending is so clumsy, there's no surprise or sense to how it plays out.

12. kulturminister's rating of the film The Black Cat

13. Daniel Nguyen's rating of the film The Black Cat

I enjoyed this film because of the great cinematography and the great acting from the cast. The point of view of the "Black Cat" was well shot and definitely not something I was going to expect while watching this. The plot was unique and is nothing I have ever seen before. The use of the a killer cat was amazing to see on screen. Lucio Fulci did a great job with this horror film.

14. Camila Vimo's rating of the film The Black Cat

After seeing this film and being able to appreciate foreign films much more because of what they have to offer, I really did enjoy this one. I found to be insightful and full of suspense at the same time. It was incredibly well throughout and even more well executed. The actors were so engaged. Although the film is about three decades old, it still carries that sense of amusement we still for today.

15. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film The Black Cat

Feels as if Fulci and Warbeck were trying to make one movie and everyone else was trying to make a contemporary Hammer movie.

16. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Black Cat

Fantastic camera work and atmosphere, but the script is mediocre, very bad written. That ruins everything, as the cat ruins everything.

17. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Black Cat

The extreme close-ups of the protagonists’ eyes (a feature Sergio Leone used extensively in his films) are very intense, as well as the camera perspectives from the cat’s point of view. But the rest is a hair-rising nonsense.

18. Kurt Tuohy's rating of the film The Black Cat

This one makes great use of Patrick Magee's eyebrows, but otherwise it has trouble gelling. For a Fulci film that has echoes of this one but has more emotional and visceral impact (even without the terrific score), see "The Psychic" / "Sette Note in Nero".

19. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Black Cat

2-3. The idea that a man's repressed dark side has manifested abstractly as a way of seeking vengeance on the people around him definitely works. Plus the direction is stylish, placing a heavy focus on eyes and POVs. But I don't know that the concept QUITE manages to transcend skepticism about fear of a cat killing people the way, say, 'The Birds' does. It also becomes a tad monotonous after a while.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Black Cat

21. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Black Cat

22. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Black Cat

Storia accattivante, con buoni sviluppi, ma con poco mordente e che non regge fino alla fine. Alcuni momenti memorabili. La tensione viene mantenuta su buoni livelli.Fantastici effetti speciali. Personaggi non ottimi, ma alcuni restano impressi. Regia di alta qualità, con un ottimo uso delle soggettive e dei primi piani. La fotografia caratterizza bene gli ambienti e il superbo montaggio dà un contributo fondamentale

23. Rocco's rating of the film The Black Cat

I can see why most Fulci fans loathe this one as it's a classier affair than what one would typically expect from the master of gore. It's restrained (for Fulci anyway) and has a definite Hitchcockian feel to it. He even includes two almost embarrassingly blatant homages to The Birds and Rear Window. The Black Cat is a minor (but masterful) note in Fulci's canon and it definitely doesn't deserve it's bad reputation.

24. film_lies101's rating of the film The Black Cat

Restrained Fulci that is mostly interesting for the most part, mostly