1. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

essential viewing in light of the modern social climate. in light of any social climate, really

2. marco's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

radical! films to insire your inner anarchist

3. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

Great objective perspective on such a powerful revolution. Very refreshing to see in contrast with the biased media and propaganda that typically surround race relations and oppression.

4. Rocco Oliveira's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

i really love it , amazing breadth of footage

5. ninchok's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

"We weren't the ones who inflicted pain and harm on people. We weren't the ones who kidnapped a whole culture of people and brought them to do service for us. And because we stand, and fight back, and want peace; we want to work with pride, love, and live, and grow with pride. And to say that we're wrong - to defend ourselves is idiotic. Shame on anyone who judges someone for defending himself or his family. Shame."

6. nikolasminas's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

Really interesting movie with shots of everyday street scenes as well as interviews and dramatic footage that created an empathy over the people participating in the movement. It isn't trying to tell the whole story of the movement but it made me interested in searching more about their ideas that i think are still very strong.

7. film_lies101's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

More revelatory than ever, hoods up!

8. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

9. Jermaine Osei-tutu's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

I couldn't admire the people in this film more. i like my docs to be either pedagogic or radically experimental. This is neither but it is definately a MIXTAPE.

10. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

You'd think 30+ years would be enough to gather some critical thinking towards thugs, rapists, thieves, killers and murderers like the Black Panthers, but the Swedes just can't help themselves in their infatuation with the racist black culture. The added cultural marxist commentators, rappers with conspiracy theories and Erykah Badu's childish ramblings are enough to make a sensible person open The Bell Curve again.

11. Anatoli Ulyanov's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

Such interesting times told in such a vapid way.

12. dschank's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

assembled from footage shot by swedish journalists at the time with a less hysterical touch than the american public's. accordingly, we get to hear about free meal programs and watch stokely carmichael hang out with his mom. more a portrait of black city life than a straight bio about the panthers. expect several genuinely illuminating moments. good voiceover too, especially from robin kelley and talib kweli.

13. msmichel's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

Quite incredible documentary mixing footage shot by a Swedish television crew between '67 and '75 with commentary from a diverse group encompassing those involved with those influenced. The insights shared and the amazing footage unearthed are quite inspiring. A triumph of editing showcasing a time period that should not be forgotten or left to history books which are already bordering on revisionism.

14. mina's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

A an extremely interesting documentary about the Black Power movement in the United States as documented by Swedish filmmakers during that period. Their outsider perspective and the unexpected access they had to leading figures of the time brings a freshness to the history. Augmented by recent audio interviews with members of the movement, as well as modern-day artists. Found footage with a real purpose. Recommended.

15. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

"The white man that landed here, he came with two great weapons. One is the Bible and the other is the gun. If he didn’t humble you with the Bible, He crumbled you with the Gun."

16. novanindro's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

forgotten footage of Swedish television journalists about black power history

17. Anton Williams's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

The most beautiful film about black culture that I've ever seen. Ya know?

18. BRAND UPON THE BRAIN!'s rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

19. Melanie's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

Stemming from the incredible and wide-ranged abandoned footage of Swedish journalists(unearthed by poignant American filmakers),came this film that shows the roots of black empowerment in the last 50 years. A great fusion of foreign media coverage brought to life by powerful American voiceovers. A story as relevant today; a story of mans struggle to live a peaceful and fair life. Inspiration that transcends decades.

20. er_sagt's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

Powerful message. Poor delivery. I expected a little bit more diversity.

21. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

Marvelous rediscovered footage taken by Swedish film crews in the United States. A combination of revealing looks at our history from an outsiders' point of view mixed with modern commentary and reflections on the time. A wonderful way to look back and get a feel for the times.

22. Pierre Andre's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

The Black Power movement as seen by Swedish reporters who had come to the country with the desire "to understand and portray America - through sound and image- as it really is." Angela Davis, Erykah Badu, Talib Kweli, and ?uestlove, among others, provide voiceovers to this very valuable footage from an outside perpective. Highly recommended.

23. Lee Bullitt's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

Watching this was akin to how I felt reading 'Feminism is for Everybody"; digesting information compacted to a length that anyone could adhere to. Seeing this film and knowing the impression of America from the eyes of persons very far outside of Americanization is a very important learning experience.

24. Aimee's rating of the film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975