1. andretz's rating of the film The Blob

2. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Blob

The quintessential drive-in movie of the Eisenhower years is reimagined for an era of post-Watergate government paranoia and AIDs panic. But part of what makes this remake so pleasurable is how much it remains a drive-in movie at heart, only bolstered by possibly the most sophisticated practical effects the decade ever saw, with the first death scene recalling the appalling distortion of Edvard Munch's "The Scream."

3. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Blob

I'm a huge fan of the original Blob from the 50s so going into this I was a bit apprehensive to say the least. However, I am glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised! This is a fun, imaginative monster flick that is a true treat for horror fans! This film knows exactly what it is and it doesn't make any qualms about it. It fully embraces it's B-movie roots and is all the better for it!

4. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film The Blob

5. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Blob

A fun 80´s B-movie with stellar effects (for its time) and some great staging and direction. What´s great about this movie is that it never pretends to be something that it´s not. A blob falls from the sky and eats people, and that´s basically it! Never mind logic. There is also some decent acting with a pretty good cast. Points also goes to the score.

6. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Blob

Kevin Dillon licks Emile from Robocop's face and a bloke gets killed by being pulled through a plughole. These are just two of the highlights though.

7. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Blob

Rather watch the original 1958 green slime with Steve McQueen

8. Onbestendig's rating of the film The Blob

9. Hardyandnelson's rating of the film The Blob

Je m'attendais à voir un mauvais film, j'ai été agréablement surpris. Le film n'est pas chef d'oeuvre, il y a des incohérences, mais il est captivant et on ne s'ennuie pas. Le rythme est rapide et les acteurs sont bons.

10. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Blob

Al fin un remake superior a su original, sin perder su noble y efectivo espíritu serie B. Muy crítico y acertado el enfoque de la mancha voraz como un arma biológica creada por el gobierno norteamericano.

11. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Blob

Surprisingly good. The plot doesn't rely on characters behaving in stupid, self-destructive ways. and sabotaging each other. Characters die quickly and sometimes unexpectedly; no relief just for being a sympathetic character. The survivors each get opportunities to be heroes. And Shawnee Smith get to be downright bad-ass.

12. Tom Elce's rating of the film The Blob

Possibly the most brilliant B-movie of the '80s.

13. Simone Arcangeli's rating of the film The Blob

Uno dei migliori horror anni 80 esistenti

14. Mark Garrett's rating of the film The Blob

The beginning is very promising with some truly eerie shots of the town we're about to see dismantled (or absorbed). But The Blob is too intentional in its movements, and even grows tentacles as it goes around murdering every nice character we meet. In short, it's not really a blob, not really loose enough or large enough or ambitious enough. A shame, for me. I will soon revisit the original.

15. Tigrão's rating of the film The Blob

The villain, of course, looks a bit stupid sometimes, but "The Blob" is a well-crafted 80's B-Movie, with a good script and a nice blend of teen-movie and horror. I think J.J. Abrams must have seen that one, because there are some strong similarities with "Super 8".

16. film_lies101's rating of the film The Blob

For remake of a classic b-movie it's not that bad. That rear projection has gotta go though