1. Pymo's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

2. marco's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

awakenings- coming on age queer

3. bittersweet's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

4. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

Seré sincero. Al momento de iniciarse la trama, mi mirada occidental me hizo sospechar que estaba a punto de ver una película sobre los prejuicios frente a la homosexualidad. No fue así. En lugar de eso, el filme se fuerza en observar la crisis sobre la ética y moral de un barrio filipino pobre. Una película realista, aunque con un cierre casi idílico.

5. Bastian Faldano's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

So honest, so real. damn this film is so fuckin' good

6. [SNAPY]'s rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

fuck, this movie made me cry

7. Evnad's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

Such a letdown after all the hype. I liked how it perfectly captured the textures of Manila slums but that's about it.

8. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

9. I AM ... MARCY FIERCE's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

The best line yet in any film I've watched. "Marami ngang masamang tao sa mundo, pero isa lang ang tatay ko". Very heartwarming.

10. Archie Del Mundo's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

The ending scene which is an ode to Carol Reed's The Third Man perfectly reflected the gay child's blossoming into maturity - this alone makes the film come full circle, establishing itself as the best 'coming of age' film of all time, gay or not.

11. Phoebe R's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

12. scorpiorising's rating of the film The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros

People fail to notice that the ending is a homage to The Third Man's ending, as Maximo completely ignores the policeman and walks straight past him.