1. Aardsy's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

That murder turned out well, huh?

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

3. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

3.5. Interesting film noir depicting a world of predatory men and the women who have to navigate it. Kinda like the real world.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Sur le thème du faux coupable, une oeuvre manquant d'un peu de punch ! www.cinefiches.com

5. Terri Wise's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

The Blue Gardenia is less stylish than Lang's expressionist films, & I don't put it in the same category as Fury or The Woman in the Window, but I suspect it's sometimes unfairly dismissed. It's got some great visual moments--I think of the scene where Norah goes to the Chronicle office to see reporter Casey Mayo. That scene is shadowy & artfully framed. Vera Caspary's story puts women in the driver's seat.

6. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

ay benim de başıma geldi aynı şeyler puanım 5 :D

7. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

What seems to be a story about sexual violence and trauma is easily erased at the final arc in the cheapest way. A very minor and forgettable Lang film.

8. Maudealan's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Deserves more love than it gets probably

9. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

"That's the end of every biography online, 'He was in Contempt, and then he died.'" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/07/episode-64-films-noir-of-fritz-lang.html

10. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

A solid noir effort by the master of sound and shadows. Truth be told, this felt like Lang was on auto-pilot. Nothing about reaches the height of his great work. Nevertheless, the plot is still really engaging and it continues to show Lang's sympathetic view of criminals, who are hunted like beasts in our society. In all, it's definitely worth a watch but I doubt it will linger in my memory like his other thrillers.

11. Pan32's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Strictly production line set-up and players (except an excellent Raymond Burr) sleepwalking through their roles.

12. Johnny's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Eve Harrington aside, I have a hard time believing anyone finds Anne Baxter to be an interesting actress.

13. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Despite an intriguing premise and the potential for an examination of sexual politics, this one suffers from nearly the same issue that spoiled the potentially mesmerizing "Woman in the Window" nine years earlier.

14. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Blackmail's murder + I Confess' dream girl + Piccadilly's confession = The best Hitchcock movie that Fritz Lang made. I also liked Nat King Cole's theme song.

15. Diderot's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

There are actually quite a few details in play here that I didn't catch until the second time around. But it's "sequel" (While The City Sleeps) is even better.

16. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Loved the atmosphere and the musical score. The appearance of Nat King Cole as himself is certainly a bonus too. Even though the movie is captivating thanks to Lang's direction and a talented cast notably Raymond Burr and Ann Sothern, the storyline is ultimately predictable.

17. Dave's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

An afterthought in the career of Lang, justifiably overshadowed by the same year's The Big Heat. Lang made this one just to fulfill a contract, but it comes out better than it should have. Minor Lang, possibly minor noir, but still entertaining.

18. Neither/Nor's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

The story is equal parts paranoia, sexual predation and guilt, then a facile cancellation of everything that seemed meaningful in Anne Baxter's crisis. In the end, romantic exploitation.

19. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Bogdanovich called this "a particularly venomous picture of American Life." I completely agree. The subtext is so completely brilliant.

20. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

Only interested in Nat King Cole's song.

21. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

The first half hour is among the best work of Lang's American phase, a smart and well-drawn look at sexual tension (and a predator-prey dynamic) in age-of-innocence America. But after that, it becomes a more routine and less interesting noir, with an ending that can't help but feel a little like a cop-out.

22. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Blue Gardenia

***1/2 Recommended because of the idea of starring three smart blondes in an apartment and a big mean wolf – Raymond Burr – prowling around them.