1. Latias's rating of the film The Blue Kite

Too time-specific (and probably a bit geographic-specific as well...). Un-relatable and very slow (to my taste at least). Found the second husband very irresponsible - yeah right dont take care yourself and die early to put your newly-wed into abyss. THANK YOU.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Blue Kite

Une superbe direction d'acteurs, mettant en scène un complexe pan de l'histoire de la Chine en pleine période révolutionnaire (1953-1966) cette oeuvre fort appréciée dans bien des festivals, symbolise à elle seule l'évident renouveau d'un certain cinéma chinois... www.cinefiches.com

3. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film The Blue Kite

The Blue Kite (Lan feng zheng) 1993 DIR Tian Zhuangzhuang SCR Xiao Mao 140 Min The only thing an artist craves more than controversy is an outright ban.

4. Spiritchaser's rating of the film The Blue Kite

Fifth generation masterpiece. Better than To Live and Farewell My Concubine. Highly underrated underappreciated.

5. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Blue Kite

Highly impressive new-wave Chinese cinema. A film on family and political movements reminds me of Ozu... something rare that has be seen (because I bet Tian had finally released it in China for the first time after its communism-era ended).

6. localdjango's rating of the film The Blue Kite

One of those insufferable 90's-era "foreign films" that revolves around some object usually associated with a color, that represents either hope or freedom in some oppressive regime. The VHS box is usually plastered with wreaths, stars and bold letters and over a picture of the main character(s) interacting with said object or relishing in happier times. Critics will praise the film's courage and austere quality.