1. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Boat

2. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Boat

3. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film The Boat

I enjoy how Buster Keaton's gags shoot right past physics & natural law into some absurd OtherLand of problems and solutions, none of which make sense, yet are so humorous and beguiling. Even this nautical family yarn ends in damned-if-I-know-where-ville. At times it begins to remind me of Maya Deren rather than the silent comics of his day. I suppose our job is to appreciate, and I do.

4. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Boat

5. yasdnil's rating of the film The Boat

My first Keaton ever. Loved studying the music of this short in college.

6. Log Lady's rating of the film The Boat

Not my favourites, but it's nice to see the story as a sort of continuation from One Week.

7. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Boat

One of Keaton's best shorts (out of the many other great shorts he made). Plenty of sight gags & nautical humor that's better appreciated if you've spent time in a small boat.

8. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Boat

A sequel of sorts to Keaton's earlier short, ONE WEEK, THE BOAT follows the continuing misadventures of perhaps the unluckiest family of all time as they attempt to go for a simple boat ride that turns into a disaster. Keaton's deadpan humor is in top form here, relying less on elaborate set pieces as he is well timed slapstick.

9. Erik Gregersen's rating of the film The Boat

My mind is blown by the house that they built for a 30 second gag.