1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Border

"There's a place where I've been told/Every street is paved with gold/And it's just across the borderline/And when it's time to take your turn/Here's one lesson that you must learn/You could lose more than you'll ever hope to find"/Across The Boderline/Ry Cooder. The issue of immigrants is more actual than ever; immorality, corruption & "business" is part of it. Excellent cast. Try, do & get the way back to yourself.

2. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Border

A shame. Could have been great. Still pretty damn good in the early goings. Jack is great. Doesn't revert to playing "jack" which I personally Dnt mind but most people hate. He plays almost his character from five easy pieces 10 years later and shatted out a bit. Really interesting film that tried to be taxi driver at the end but done clumsily. Again. Could have been great

3. mjgildea's rating of the film The Border

Maybe 2 1/2 stars out of 5. I didn't hate The Border but that doesn't make it a good movie. The plot was undercooked and a lot of the resolutions happened more out of convenience than anything. The cast was good and there were a few great moments (I swear the "woodpile" scene in the bar was ghost-directed by David Lynch) but the ending, including the 2 final shots were ridiculous. For hardcore Nicholson fans only.

4. T. J. Harman's rating of the film The Border

Wow, after this and Mademoiselle, I'd have to say RIchardson was underrated. Everything about this is underrated: most underrated Nicholson movie other than The Passenger (even his Hellman work is more known) & one of the most underrated movies of the 80s. Its got a real simple but smart & beautiful story that's really well acted and ends with some real suspense (the end violence was really well shot).