1. raquel_ag's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

Enredo: ★★★★★ Animação: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★★★

2. Aulia Indry's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

I CAN WATCH THIS MOVIE EVERY DAY, EVERY HOUR IN MY TV!!!

3. Dana Henson's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

Even when you have seen all the behind the scenes features and you know exactly how they put a movie like this on the screen, there still seems to be some real magic making it all come to life in front of your eyes. The level of detail that went into the design of this film is hard to even fathom. Take all the technical mastery away and you still have a charming little story at the center.

4. Ghostman's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

a very well aestheticized stop motion animation with a narrative that preaches tolerance and a rebellion against white supremacy but unfortunately reinforces these things due to its depiction of the boxtrolls, which are reminiscent of racial propaganda and stereotypes, akin to nazi germany's depiction of jews and america's depiction of blacks and mexicans

5. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

6. Auranee's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

It's delightfully original and looks wonderful but doesn't come together into something memorable for me -- maybe it's the uneven pacing or my inability to connect with the characters. But I can't wait to see what this studio does next.

7. ramosbarajas's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

Providing self-aware comedy throughout, The Boxtrolls excels as a witty and mature comedy, with the obvious appeal to children. The characters are smartly written, playing up on filmic archetypes. Laika continues to move forward, impressing with every frame.

8. Manon Estermann's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

9. lonesome-boat's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

10. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

11. RumbleFish's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

La cosa più divertente è che i cattivi sono ossessionati del formaggio, dagli effetti simili al veleno. Per il resto fastidio per le parlate rimasticate e urlate e farfugliate ma comunque sempre incapibili

12. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

What a whimsical & well-crafted animated film to enjoy - it has that feel likeness of Dahl being told by Selick. (Plus cheese is good for you. And Jelly!)

13. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

Character design and stop motion techniques are amazing - YES - but what about the necessity to introduce action frenesi in every single animation for kids nowadays? The climax is so expected it's not a climax anymore. I just can't stand these big finales cinema is shoving down our throats. It's a shame: if it had stayed in this crazy world they build, it could be huge.

14. Joyce's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

the way they created the characters is just crazy. some of the really detailed frames make me want to cry. and Richard Ayoade talking on the first half of post credits!!! the story is simple but they created such a beautiful world here. it's such a shame that some people can't appreciate a good stop motion film like this.

15. Andreea Serpe's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

3,5 The design of the characters and the stop motion were absolutely stunning.

16. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

17. Irina Artenii's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

18. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

Really wanted to like this movie. The animation was obviously amazing, but as with most animated movie for me, I only liked the first half. The end credits and post credit scene almost saved it, but not quite

19. ap's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

Really lovely stop-motion. Amazing post-credits scene, too :D

20. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

21. JM M----'s rating of the film The Boxtrolls

Nice animation. Decent story.

22. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

Dark, well crafted stop motion film (3.3/5)

23. Pablo Ramos's rating of the film The Boxtrolls

It unabashedly panders to misfits during its entire duration, a flaw which is made so only due to the fact that ParaNorman has already proven to all of us that a movie about underdogs need not be an underdog itself.

24. J. O.'s rating of the film The Boxtrolls

In subterranean terms, there's not a whole lot going on (so stop weighing down the entertainment value with non-existent politics). But at surface-level, this is a beautiful, grotesque, and imaginative world. The human characters are wonderfully weird, disgusting, and cheese-obsessed, while the trolls are a well-balanced mixture of cute and horrid. Complete with fantastic performances (notably that of Sir Kingsley).