1. Dylan Riquelme's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

This is the last one I had to see besides Mirai and Digimon stuff he worked on and then I would have seen every Mamoru Hosoda movie, and by seeing this one I can say that I basically love all of his movies, even his One Piece movie which while even though I haven’t seen OP since like a decade I said screw it and watched it and loved it, and this movie might be my favorite of his with SUMMER WARS but I love them all

2. pluviosity's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

The visual was nice, but the conclusion and the characters, especially the girl, felt pretty thin most of the times. The not-so-subtle allusion to Moby Dick looked like meant that the movie was intended for younger demographic than I initially thought, shonen rather than seinen.

3. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

4. /Achinkurure/'s rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

5. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

this was stressful I left the cinema after 40mins!!

6. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

I think this movie's flaws are perfectly understandable when put into the context that this is a director without prior scripting experience stepping into a role he isn't used to. Even so, this movie is astonishingly confused and counter-intuitive. Supporting your children emotionally confuses their sense of identity? Berating and neglecting children leaves them emotionally well-adjusted? And Hosoda's a parent?

7. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

Altra bella opera di Hosoda,che non arriva ai picchi emozionali quasi irragiungibili di Wolf Children,ma che colpisce nel segno per quanto riguarda lacrimoni e gropponi in gola. Un processo di crescita molto originale,che attraverso la diversità e la mostruosità porta a compimento la formazione di un essere umano. La messa in scena della città animata è bellissima,cosi come il dinamismo dei combattimenti:bello bello.

8. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

I like the part that takes place in the real world, because that's what most like the things I like about Hosuda, or what I think Hosuda is actually good at if you want to frame it in a less emotional manner. But that's a very small part of the film; it flails and has no real structure to the story and the animation is far too cartoony. I like the idea of the story but the exectution is lacking.

9. pomegranate's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

Ernest from "Ernest and Celestine'' gone bad

10. Ruben Leite's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

A not-so original premise that is delivered with an enticing, marvelous twist. Sweet atmosphere, great characters, beautiful art direction, what's not to love about this movie!

11. Chaconne in D minor's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

I got a new pickup line: "I want to be a sword in your heart" <3

12. -REM-'s rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

13. msmichel's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, Summer Wars) moves a little closer to the mainstream with this warm hand-drawn gem that pales to his two previous pictures but still manages to entertain. The passing of time is warmly captured before the film's final act winds up as somewhat derivative despite its' 'Moby Dick' influence. Well worth a watch.

14. swordofdoom's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

Not in the same league as his best work, Summer Wars (masterpiece) and Wolf Children.

15. Star Lord's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

Nella mia top 5 del genere.

16. glitchedplant's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

17. Rocketeam's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

With Miyazaki threatening to retire, we look towards Mamoru Hosoda to keep that magical tradition going.

18. Nicole Danielle's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

Beautifully animated with an interesting plot that kept me watching.

19. tommy cruise's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

20. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

Bella storia di formazione, con qualche caduta e tanto buonismo

21. At0msk's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

contradicciones de la herencia

22. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

23. HenriqueA's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast

Hosada is usually one of the most entertaining and emotionally honest japanese storytellers out there and he always delivers on the thrills and the feels, but what the fuck was that third act?? it almost ruined a pretty good film.

24. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Boy and The Beast