1. Superfrog's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

I did fall asleep in front of this one pretty hard. Did feel a bit like an infomercial from the bit I actually saw.

2. IKB 191's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

I liked it a lot for the subject but I am left with many questions and perplexities regarding the narration and the ways the white man decides to intervene.

3. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

Turns into a PSA at the end but the first 65-70 minutes or so is harrowing.

4. Carlos Messina's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

5. liziw's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

What a stunning example of how the human spirit and shared experience can overcome ignorance little by little. One man's journey and understanding of what can be achieved with a little encouragement and support blossoms, crosses continents and changes not only a single boy's life but the direction of a whole stigmatised group of people.

6. darioscha's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

Fuerte documental sobre el racismo a los albinos en el noroeste de Tanzania. Interesante investigación de la raza como signo a través de las distintas prácticas e imaginarios sociales.

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

Shocking film that documents the tragic plight of albinos in Tanzania that are actually hunted for their bones. Witch doctors use them in their various potions as they are considered magical or some such thing. Ugh. But they are KIDS that are being mutilated and killed by these despicable bounty hunters. Just awful. Hard to believe that this kind of madcap hate exists in this world. So very sad. Great film however.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

An interesting, and at times distressing, look at albinism and the potentially fatal risks for those who happen to suffer from it while living in a country that views it with deep suspicion.

9. Ed S's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

From what I saw it's a moving and important story, but I just can't get past the hackneyed editing and soundtrack. After the (admittedly wonderful) introduction, the music is at a high pitch of emotion initially unsupported by what we're seeing and hearing. The content does catch up as harrowing stories emerge, but by that stage it already feels like a corporate film.

10. Gabrielle's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

eh, i'm not really sure how to feel about this one...it's an interesting subject and definitely deserves attention, but I felt they could have handled it with a little more racial sensitivity, it def has this white savior feel as other people have said, as well as a bit exploitative because of how young adam is. but interesting to consider the implications of witchcraft and human trafficking from a non-western angle.

11. tenonder's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

12. Ankush Samant's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

Documentary at its best! On one hand, it is the same old story about a rich Westerner trying to save the humanity, but on the other hand it is an eye opening account on Alibinism and its horrendous tales in Sub-saharan Africa. These tales will make you detest humanity and love this film.

13. Tim R.'s rating of the film The Boy from Geita

To quote Deleuze/Guattari: "Not only is the criminal deprived of organs according to a regime of collective investments; not only is the one who has to be eaten, eaten according to social rules as exact as those followed in carving up a steer; but the man who enjoys the full exercise of his rights and duties has his whole body marked under a regime that consigns his organs and their exercise to the collectivity."

14. nica's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

sadly reads more like an avp for the org the charitable american established than a well structured and researched documentary. It leans too heavily on an Anglo savior. The loveliest moments were with Adam and his voiceovers.

15. zi's rating of the film The Boy from Geita

Wow. This is one that's worth seeing. I'm not usually too fond of Canadian films (I'm Canadian), but this is very strong. The subject matter will make you cry if you have any connection to your humanity. Poignant, to say the least, and an important work about important work.