1. Milly Hampton's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

my dad claimed to cry in this movie and I have never seen my dad cry

2. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Production qualities and tone in the first part aside, this movie tells a really touching little story from a different perspective when it comes to the Holocaust, making it into a nice study of how innocence comes into contact with industrialized brutality. Has a very sad twist at the end too.

3. raquel_ag's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Enredo: ★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★ Representação: ★★★★

4. Naomi Vargas's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

5. McOpinionated's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

This might work for a child audience, esp. those who might not readily identify with Holocaust victims. But wooden acting from the adults and wooden filming /sets /props made this look like a cheap TV movie. I understand those who dislike it for political reasons, but that wasn't why I rate it low. There's no menace/insight, perhaps because of the child-like innocence so crucial to the story, just sentimentality.

6. lidiishere's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

7. ig_____or's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Seeing the Holocaust through the eyes of the children was inevitably going to be a tough experience. The film mostly succeeds in terms of narrative, emotional punch and cinematography... It just bugged me that it was spoken in English and not in German. Great actors (Farmiga! Thewlis!), and seeing a young Rupert Friend as a vicious blond nazi soldier was... kinda hot (sorry!).

8. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

I don't like at all children to be used in any movie or even in commercials. No matter what; especially not, when it comes to the Holocaust. The Holocaust is such a measureless crime against humanity & incredible horrific, it shouldn't be framed with children.

9. Santiago Roditti's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

10. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

First time I watched I think I was 15 and I cried my eyes out. Having a little brother made me rethink the whole situation

11. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

There is something to be said for using a child's view of the world to breakdown and understand something as awful as the holocaust. This film is well executed and emotional and worth watching.

12. Raum's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

13. allexandra's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

14. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Nemmeno ve lo dico quanta angoscia mi ha messo questo film. Non metto 5 stelle solamente perché l'argomento è trito e ritrito e non racconta nulla di nuovo, anche se mostra un altro punto di vista.

15. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Yes the real tragedy here is about the German boy.

16. felisaf's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Tear-jerking last minutes

17. hamsa's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

i love the story but i hate how rushed the ending was.

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

An educational gateway into history teaching.

19. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Good holucast film, fan of the main actor (Ender's game and X+Y)

20. Shoham L's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Stop! Using! Jewish! Kids! And! Holocaust! Victims! As! Plot! Devices!

21. kris's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

a film that builds up to its finale, it has a powerful and memorable message. Well done yet slow and predictable even if you haven't read the book.

22. MrBingo's rating of the film The Boy in the Striped Pajamas