1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Boys Are Back

This is not about raising & caring of children; not about the do's & don't do's. It's about losing a beloved person by death or seperation and how to deal with it emotionally. Nothing special but solid entertainment.

2. Martin Buzora's rating of the film The Boys Are Back

I saw this movie at the Toronto International Film Festival a couple of weeks ago and surprisingly it was my favourite film out of the 7 that I managed to see. It is well written and beautifully acted, an absolute gem. Definitely the Director's best work to date!

3. Guibry's rating of the film The Boys Are Back

Directly on DVD and Blu-ray in a lot of territories... :/

4. rado's rating of the film The Boys Are Back

So refreshing to see a steady skillful direction with no compromises. The way a door shuts in exactly the right part of the shot, the way the out-of-focus foreground complements the characters, the effortless and subtle editing. Makes other a-list films look like the marketing/corporate product they really are. Bravo, Scott Hicks!

5. Bill Arceneaux's rating of the film The Boys Are Back

Alright enough, but if Clive Owen had been less charming...

6. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film The Boys Are Back

It's so nice to see an Australian/British film of this quality. The performances were all fantastic. It's nice to see another fantastic child performance. Nicholas McAnulty was certainly the right choice. The locations are beautiful. Not surprising though. This is Australia after all. I loved the music and I loved the story. So far this is one of the best films to come out of 2009.

7. d's rating of the film The Boys Are Back

The romance of the opening sets the perfect counterpoint for the grief and discovery to come. The colours are spectacular, direction spot on. Owen is superb, as are the the rest of the cast in this tale of desire, heartbreak, reconciliation and hope.