1. Aardsy's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

I like my men swishy and dramatic.

2. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film The Boys in the Band

yeah it has the typical gay stereotypes, but in the end they are more fleshed out than today's gay characters (cough cough *disney*), which is really something to think about

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

7.8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2B3

4. Erikas Jankovskis's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

5. Samuel Donath's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

4.5 A landmark in gay film. Yes, it has many flaws. It is still an amazing acting piece.

6. Polyglot's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

7. Elena Lazic's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

8. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

Una película sobre la homofobia en boca de los mismos homosexuales. Este filme parece rezar: "un homosexual es enemigo de otro homosexual". Cada uno de los personajes parece asumir un estereotipo, desde el homosexual en el clóset hasta el objeto sexual, joven, rubio y decerebrado. Es curioso cómo esta película se basa en el prejuicio para emprender la moralidad reflexiva.

9. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

12 Angry Men meets Longtime Companion in this essential stage-to-screen gem!

10. msmichel's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

Adaptation of Mart Crowley play may seem dated in its representation of homosexuals but in other ways doesn't feel dated at all. The narcistic yet self hating, the venom contrasted with the tenderness, the comradirie contrasted with the pushing away still isn't so far from truth. Stagy yet compelling look captured by Friedkin that was brave enough to hire the orginal off broadway cast to boot. Essential curio.

11. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

Amazingly played and written but all that self-hate on the second half bothered me a little. It's like someone said to me once: "it gets bitter".

12. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Boys in the Band

Stolid rendering of the stage play which although trying to offer a market research cross-section of New York homosexual sterotypes, packs in some good lines of bitchy venom and interplay along the way. Alas it becomes stagebound and cinematically stodgey within the first half hour and falls away into lumpen rants of self hate. Nevertheless, a milestone and now something of a camp curio - "Hail Mary - Don't Ask".