1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Brainiac

A satire of 1950's from space-flicks and Black Sunday. Handles the story in a quasi-serious way, yet the absurdity of the creature/plot shows it's fun and campy, not meant to be scary. Urueta had a straight horror film that also homaged past films in The Witch's Mirror the same year, while Salazar's other mex-horrors are very gothic, so it's best taken as a repetitive and nonsensical, if misunderstood, satire.

2. Chuck Vollers's rating of the film The Brainiac

An absolute must see. See it for the photo enlargements that stand in for locations. See it for the monster's bulbous pulsating head, the monster's inarticulate pincers and inarticulate tongue. See it for the bowl of brains. See it and know that a maniac with a lot of knowledge is a threat. Oh Brainiac! I’m with you in Aztlán and in my dreams you lurch across the soundstage to my door in the Western night...

3. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film The Brainiac

In the history of bizarre ugly-ass movie monsters, the Baron Vistelius of Astara is certainly one of the most memorable. Sadly, his glory is marred by what turns out to be a rather repetitive movie. Full Review: http://cinephiledreams.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-brainiac-1962.html

4. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film The Brainiac

Tan mala mala malisima que me divirtio un buen rato, la caracterización del mostro es lo mejor, mi elección para la proxima fiesta de noviembre

5. Charles Foster Kane's rating of the film The Brainiac

Unquestionably one of the best worst movies ever made. Non-stop fun from the opening reading of the charges scene to the finale, where the police come to the rescue carrying...well, I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it, and see it you should.

6. Groovy Monster's rating of the film The Brainiac

Just to note: fellow monster kids brought up on '70s and '80s American late night TV will probably more readily recognize this by its more common TV title, THE BRAINIAC, which is usually how it was listed in TV guides back then. Truly terrible movie--but in a totally awesome way (like MANOS, etc). :D