1. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

Il Truffaut che non ti aspetti. Jeanne Moreau (volutamente più fredda del solito) è la sposa in nero, antenata di quella creata da Tarantino e Uma Thurman qualche anno dopo. Ritmo discreta, bella l'idea, meno la realizzazione.

2. traag-1's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

3. Ethan's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

This is Truffaut at his most Hitchcockian but just like De Palma did with Dressed to Kill, Truffaut manged to out Hitchcock, Hitchcock with this incredible revenge thriller with an exceptional performance from Jeanne Moreau. This film will have you on the edge of your seat the whole way through. Also Tarantino had to have drawn inspiration from this film when he did Kill Bill.

4. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

Artículo ("Kane3"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2007/09/06/la-muerte-segun-francois-truffaut/

5. Leroy Martin's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

my boyfriend hated this but i had so much fun

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

Un bon film, fait rare chez le cinéaste, qui se regarde sans ennui, sans déplaisir et pourrait inciter le spectateur littéraire à relire les excellentes nouvelles du grand William Irish. A noter la remarquable interprétation de Jeanne Moreau, en veuve noire... www.cinefiches.com

7. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

I try to get Truffaut but I don't. I don't really like Godard but I can at least apreciate him.

8. MvM.'s rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

tutti i fotogrammi con le gambe di Jeanne Moreau.

9. Muraki's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

10. AugusteB's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

At first a bit schematic but then it gets there.

11. eugenie de sade's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

jess franco by hitchcock by truffaut... i'm being a little generous by giving 5 stars bc the french never know how to suspend you and end with a bang in the final minutes of this type of film so you always feel it's not exactly what it should be but truffaut has more interesting ideas along the way to make up for it

12. postblueink's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

13. xrystyna's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

14. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

15. Mx Nihil's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

Quite possibly, one the dullest films I've ever ever seen.

16. Samuel Donath's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

A classic I watch time and time again. This is what QT ripped off when he made Kill Bill.

17. letters never sent's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

One of the weaker Truffaut films, but it's still quite gripping.

18. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

19. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

More bluntly, doggedly derivative of Hitchcock than anything DePalma ever did...yet the intense joy and interest with which it's done, and the singular beauty of Moreau, render that merely an observation of a fact that the film's Truth belies. One way or another, Truffaut (his own style, muted, is here to complement matters, too) makes it his own obsession.

20. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

genre exercise, hitchcock homage, like all truffaut very painful and personal and poetic

21. Dombl's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

The last shot is just amazing. You know what will come, but Truffaut takes his time, to show (or better let it hear) in real time. Great!

22. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

My first thought was that you should never send Francois Truffaut to do Brian De Palma's job, but as the film took shape—and its arc is to make a shape out of shapelessness—I really dug it. You have to watch it as an auteur theorist would watch Hitchcock, seeing a mystery story as a nuanced essay on how men and women relate to each other. Jeanne Moreau in duo-chrome with a Bernard Herrmann score goes a long way.

23. buckabucka's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

I had a horrible English dubbed version downloaded. Still, loved every minute of it. Truffaut said that working in color changed the intended emotional tone of the film, and he disliked it. I can't imagine this film being any better.

24. toniponi's rating of the film The Bride Wore Black

Even though Truffaut and Almendros had lots of disagrees about the shooting of the movie, the product it's awesome.