1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

8.1/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3cb

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

"What have I done?" See it in Blu-Ray, it's worth multiple viewings. Masterpiece.

3. Drew Kelly's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

Nice character contrasts mirrored in the action/main trajectory of the film: honor to country vs. honor to self. Perhaps the most human facet of this story goes unspoken of: the Japanese Colonel prepares to kill himself, and it seems like he will go through with it. The next morning we see him alive. He decides to be true to himself over his country's traditions. Ultimately the "madness" of war wins--all die.

4. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

«There's always the unexpected, isn't there?»

5. gld48's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

So English that it makes me sick. But it is a good film, William Holden shines more than Alec Guinness IMO.

6. Andrew Sax's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

7. Elle Johnston's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

A long slog of a film that was only made better by the great performances of all those involved. The story on the other hand bored the crap outa me.

8. yovargas's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

English WWII POWs are forced to build a bridge for the enemy. Other English soldiers are then sent on a mission to blow up that bridge. Everyone acts kinda stupid, all the efforts are fruitless so....war is dumb, I guess? Mostly I found the people and their plight silly, specially the very, very, very British Britishness of the commander. Like, can you tone down the Britishness a notch or three? I give it a B-.

9. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

"My God, what have I done"

10. Ghostman's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

11. Chris's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

an all around great movie technically and narratively combined with william holden shirtless 90% of the time

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

13. Ethan's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

This is the definition of epic. Lean was the Master of the Epic and this, in my opinion, is his greatest epic, but I am a sucker for a great ensemble with a grand setting. Everybody is perfect in this film.

14. film_lies101's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

Not sure if the entire running time is justified but this is epic filmmaking of the highest order

15. Malte's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

A Classic. The civilized Englishman, the brutal Japanese and the lazy American. Good show.

16. nejurgi's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

no matter who built it, british, americans or japanese. In the end, destruction is destruction

17. Justine Vernera's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

Wanted to give it a five for a decent depiction of the pointlessness of war, but the cheesy solution of the final simply blew it :/

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

19. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

This film is everything an epic should be. Holden is in fine form as well. Essential viewing. 4.5 stars

20. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

A story rich in possibilities for irony and black humour, but despite the huge running time (two hours forty-one minutes!) it gives more screentime to conventional, expertly staged daring-do than satire and Nicholson's stuffy hubris. The magnificent '40s Lean of "Oliver Twist", all economy, chiaroscuro and sharp editing, seems bloated beyond recognition. But Jack Hawkins and Guiness are always watchable.

21. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

Great production and shooting set. Even though it holds a biased narrative, due to the fictional plot that portrays an unlikely weak Japanese labour camp, the brilliant ending makes it up.

22. aikeart's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

Interesante descubrir el nacimiento de Alec Guinness, la historia bien narrada pero por ser UK y por ser ellos quienes la cuentan nada trascendental.

23. Buddy Love's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

Fantastic in all aspects. One of the best endings in film. Madness.

24. msmichel's rating of the film The Bridge on the River Kwai

Lean's first epic after a long series of intimate drama's led to a career defining reinvention as a director of widescreen masterpieces (Kwai, Lawrence, Zhivago). Amazing script by than blacklisted Wison and Foreman. Film featured an iconic turn by Alec Guiness matched by his Japanese counterpart Sessue Hayakawa. Craftmanship was top notch and well deserving of its seven Oscar wins that year including picture.