1. Savanna Ruedy's rating of the film The Bridge

2. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Bridge

3. JC Alvarez's rating of the film The Bridge

Unbelievably sad. Make sure to reach out to anyone in their time of need, you may save their life.

4. David R Williams's rating of the film The Bridge

Even in my darkest hours I have never considered death a way out. There was always at least a glimmer of hope. How far does one have to fall into the darkness to believe plunging off a bridge is the only recourse. A tragic commentary on a world of hopeless lonely people embracing the end of existence.

5. Gabrielle's rating of the film The Bridge

ethically questionable, but moving.

6. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Bridge

There's much discussion about the topic of suicide and how this film delves into that, but I was more moved by the beauty of the cinematography around the various stories. The Golden Gate Bridge has never looked so beautiful, yet ominous. The filmmakers are brilliant in their use of the teeming life around the Bridge to contrast with the subject of death lurking in every passerby. It's masterfully done.

7. r u f o's rating of the film The Bridge

Eric Steel's career starts with this "documentary". According to the director's statement, filming people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge with a telephoto lens should open your eyes on the matter of suicide... As far as I am concerned, it's just hypocrisy and exploitation of the victims.

8. Elina E's rating of the film The Bridge

Want to raise awareness about suicide? Fine, go ahead. But why film vulnerable people in their last living moments just to toss it in a documentary for entertainment. Because really, this film was only an attempt to win a film festival prize.

9. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Bridge

lisa's sister is such a bitch

10. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Bridge

A haunting and divisive film focusing on a notorious location: the Golden Gate Bridge. A harrowing documentary that shines a light so directly on one of the most common contemporary causes of death, that it could be accused of being disgracefully exploitative, like a snuff movie. However, everyone is on the mental health spectrum. Isn't it time to break the stigma and taboo; to face this societal reality head on?

11. Liam Kearney's rating of the film The Bridge

I had high hopes for this film. While I appreciate what they tried to do, it felt exploitative. In fact, many of the interviewees came off as suicide enablers. I wonder if the director highlighted them as a way to relieve his own conscience? No statistics, science, facts or research about suicides. The director claims that the crew saved lives, but that was never mentioned. I'm skeptical and frankly disappointed.

12. lostlevel's rating of the film The Bridge

I'm not sure there is a way to review this fairly or make it. The whole time I was thinking someone actually filmed these people jumping. Obvious I know but it makes it feel somewhat exploitative, without the context given by the interviews maybe it would have been. Now I need to watch a cheesy comedy to make up for depressing my room-mates. Effective yes, ethical I'm not sure.

13. Dogville59's rating of the film The Bridge

A sad but thoughtful look at suicide.

14. msmichel's rating of the film The Bridge

Beyond exploitive documentary for which the filmmaker misrepresented himself to get permission to film the Golden Gate bridge for a year not disclosing the actual purpose of his film. Then the filmmakers reach out to the families and friends of the dead for their take on their loved one's suicides. Cinema verite this isn't.

15. jbriand's rating of the film The Bridge

Beautiful and intriguing. An interesting project. That said, I would have liked to have seen time dedicated to the more abstract elements of "the bridge" in addition to the interviews with the friends and families of jumpers. Recommended watch in any case.

16. Jason's rating of the film The Bridge

What are we supposed to do w/ this? Is the idea that suicide is a tragedy that can be forestalled? I don't believe so. What is the purpose of filming people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge? We are told that at least one person who leapt and survived regretted having leapt at the very moment of having done. Perhaps we're being made to experience this queasy moment-of-no-return. (?). A supremely dubious enterprise.

17. Cameron's rating of the film The Bridge

I don't think there's any way to make a documentary about this subject that doesn't feel exploitative.

18. antibody's rating of the film The Bridge

it's cool to watch people die

19. JMKE's rating of the film The Bridge

i liked imagining the happy faces of the filmmakers as they watched someone climbing over the barrier

20. Catarina Silva's rating of the film The Bridge

21. marinaaaaaaaa's rating of the film The Bridge

This has to be the most depressing documentary I have ever seen. It really haunted me after watching it. I don't think I can rate this documentary, I just don't see how I could..

22. eharadon's rating of the film The Bridge

Not great. Was worried about how upsetting it might be, ended up being alright but the interviews with the families didn't really paint a full portrait. Maybe the filmmakers just did the best with what they had to work with. Anyway I applaud them for doing something this radical, capturing these moments, and trying to figure out what brought people to this point. Very sad.

23. priscilakubo's rating of the film The Bridge

Disparado anos luz o filme mais triste que vi na vida. Desnecessário.

24. Gran-Hoff's rating of the film The Bridge

A crew camping near a bridge for months, waiting for suicides to happen, then going and trying to contact the family members of the suicidals they've captured on film so that they can compile and turn it into a movie. Saying this film is a way of trying to alert and keeping people from killing themselves is, at best, a 'naive' assumption... This is an exploitative piece of cornly-soundtracked-discovery-channel-show