1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

Viduité apparente ou réelle se retrouvant dans l'ensemble du film qui malgré les soins apportés à sa réalisation, produit un ennui certain, malgré un certain charme diffus... www.cinefiches.com

2. rafaelmontenegrofausto's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

ou 2,5/5. Tem Huppert, Adjani e quase nada mais.

3. Rupert Hunter's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

It's not great, but nicely atmospheric... and I've got a real soft spot for movies about classic writers.

4. C's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

In the first half I was bothered by so much Branwell, but it makes sense and French Ethan Hawke was good. Adjani, Huppert, and Pissier are all amazing and equally as strong in their performances and embodiment of the sisters. Saw this a few days after rereading Elizabeth Hardwick's great essay on the Brontes (http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1972/05/04/working-girls-the-brontes/).

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

7.5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2pP

6. Samuel Donath's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

Good director, but I just didn't like this film. Even the three great actresses can't save this dull film.

7. Arisu's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

4 years ago i watched any shit with Adjani. that shit was not so bad, just..mediocre

8. NICOLE86's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

There is something I enjoyed about a French film based on British literary icons. It makes sense but you mostly see it the other way around. Top performances from the Adjani, Huppert and Pisier.. Great Film.

9. Diarmuid's rating of the film The Brontë Sisters

As odd as it seems to be watching a quintessentially English story played out in French, Techine's auteur approach works well with this story. The sparse dialogue and froideur of the central trio is heightened by the atmospheric location. Quite sublime!