1. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Brood

3.5 In addition to his weird body politics, Cronenberg´s films in the 70s show a keen interest in ugly modern architecture and detached, somewhat wooden acting. It´s deliberate, I think, and it adds to the uncanny feeling of his films of that period.

2. natalieb's rating of the film The Brood

Oliver Reed is great in it, not so much the lead actor, who takes several scenes out of tempo :S and the little girl!!! Candy (Cindy Hinds), gives an impressivly dark performance for her age.

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Brood

The third star is for all that fetus licking.

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Brood

I don't know how intentionally Cronenberg cultivated The Brood's super-awkward mix of deeply awful things like generational trauma/abuse with an almost slapstick hilarity... But the film ends up being WAY more disturbing for the feeling of manic derangement it brings to the (already legit disturbing) story than for the story itself. Uncomfortably funny/not funny. Prescient/sad insights on epigenetic heritability. 4.5

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Brood

Film débutant comme un coup de poing théâtral pour ne plus perdre de son intérêt ni de son suspense durant l'ensemble des quatre-vingt dix minutes de sa projection... www.cinefiches.com

6. VincentVendetta's rating of the film The Brood

When trying to do what's best for your child ends up in familicide and the transmission of the parents' demons. The most tragic of Cronenberg's films.

7. James Mackin's rating of the film The Brood

So many children got traumatized. God bless David Cronenberg.

8. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film The Brood

9. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Brood

What would you have with a psychoplasmically-induced external womb? French fries?

10. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Brood

11. bogdann's rating of the film The Brood

interesting film, very clever use of colours

12. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Brood

The scariest film I have ever seen.

13. aliasgenius's rating of the film The Brood

This gets pret-tay, pret-tay, pret-tay dark. 4/5

14. Kevin's rating of the film The Brood

Cronenberg is fearless. A visually graphic tale of a woman's psyche after untreated childhood abuse and the manifestations of her rage as an adult. Brilliant that she "mothers" her rage, as it is more a part of her than her own child. Also, Shore's score is very Hermann-esque, which I dug.

15. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Brood

16. eariadne's rating of the film The Brood

really interesting but such a hatefull movie! I took a star of for the misogyny....

17. Cihan Ünsal's rating of the film The Brood

18. Ethan's rating of the film The Brood

David Cronenberg was the master of showing us the horror within ourselves and the limits that we will go to contain it and keep it secret.

19. JMKE's rating of the film The Brood

this ending deserved a better movie. i only love cronenberg for his body. (horror).

20. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Brood

21. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film The Brood

A horrid and fascinating exploration of divorce and the inherited baggage we carry through our parents. Horror taken seriously and making us confront with our most terrifying fears. Gory visuals with reason. This is the Cronenberg that I love the most.

22. Mailloux's rating of the film The Brood

Oof… someone was going through a divorce when they wrote this.

23. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Brood