1. Aardsy's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

2. samuraiargento's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

¿QUE SE PUEDE DECIR? una obra de arte que me recomendó mi padre, que me dejó sin aliento de jóven y hoy me hace estremecer. quiza la mejor película de guerra de toda la historia del cine más humilde y menos espectácular que path of glory, pero profunda, emotiva y llena de valores positivos y sentido. la compasión por sobre la arrogancia, el amor sobre el odio. para ver con tiempo y paciencia.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

4. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

This wonderful film is an adaptation of a Japanese novel by Michio Takeyema. The performances, camerawork and the music (of Akira Ifukube) are as delightful as the tale of the novel. Anti-war plus humanism plus a inward look at the Japanese psyche and nationalism from a Japanese perspective. It provides a lovely peek at Myanmar. Ifukube is a respected Japanese composer. The Ichikawa-Ifukube combination is a winner.

5. Eriugena82's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

Beautiful anti-war film, in which the war itself seems to set the backdrop for a look at human suffering in general. There is a strong element of Buddhist philosophy which runs throughout the film, which is not surprising of course. The plot is deceptively simple, but it remains interesting throughout.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

Inoubliable ! www.cinefiches.com

7. Ethan's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

This is a powerful film about what war takes from people and everything around it.

8. Caitlin's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

I'm speechless and crying. Truly a masterpiece. It's about reconciling the war-torn past, honoring the dead, and confronting the profound and endless sorrow of the world. How do we go on amid the ruins left by war? How do we live a good life when our previous life has been destroyed? These are but a few questions I'm left with after watching this magnificent, must-see film.

9. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

Masterful filmmaking, jaw dropping cinematography, and a humble storyline. Easily catapulted into one of my favorite films.

10. bibonoaozora's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

11. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

12. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

A masterpiece ,stunning frames ! He did not succeed convincing his friends for surrender inside 30 minutes.But end of the movie soldiers were talking about their future in the ship.They were talking about what they ve missed mostly . They have already forgot Mizushima's anti war ideology...I think this scenes are reality ,because society doesnt care right person who is questioning life .There is no place for them .

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

Un gran filme sobre la memoria y la amistad. Por un lado es el soldado que se convirtió en monje a fin de perdurar una honra hacia los suyos, por otro lado son los camaradas que hacen lo mismo solo que desde un concepto menos espiritual. "El arpa birmana" es una reflexión sobre lo que representa la historia y sus actores, ambos reclamando al recuerdo. 2 grandes escenas: el cántico de 2 bandos y el arpa despidiéndose.

14. Felipe Gava Cardoso's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

The quality fluctuations in his career excluded Ichikawa from the ruling triad of Japanese cinema (Mizoguchi, Ozu, Kurosawa). But in "The Burmese Harp" he managed to build a history of rare delicacy, especially when it comes to wartime. The surrounding cruelty makes isolation a preferable choice.This film proves that serenity in style is a virtue.

15. Sthirabandhu's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

I've waited a long time to see this movie, having heard of it about 20 years ago. It is a every bit as beautiful and moving as I'd been led to believe. Indeed, I would go so far as to say it is one of the most intelligent films I've ever seen. I shall now procure a copy on disc.

16. Niko$'s rating of the film The Burmese Harp

Beautiful and humanistic film. Quite different theme to the typical Nikatsu films.

17. Yasmyn's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

18. Roman Horner's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

I can't believe that this movie's been released just eleven years after WW2. Kon Ichikawa gives us a reflected consideration about iniquity of the War far away from Europe and you can also find the human side of war (if something like that exists) in it.

19. slaepwerigne's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

this film made me cry like a lil bitch

20. Jane Barden's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

So, so beautiful. An amazing movie which is utterly timeless.

21. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

Moving, lyrical,enlightening. Ideas borrowed by 'The Killing Fields'?

22. A.K's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

23. John Ferry's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

24. Aaron Oliver-Carter's rating of the film The Burmese Harp

Such a powerful and emotional film. The ending is breath taking, loved it.