1. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Butler

The Butler is a paint by numbers, generic drama that does a disservice to the history that it is portraying. Not even Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey's dynamic performances could have saved this film from mediocrity. Oh and John Cusack's Richard Nixon is unbelievable bad! It's almost worth watching the movie just to see Cusack try act like Nixon! The Butler is in many ways a poor man's Forest Gump.

2. DarleenisHOME!'s rating of the film The Butler

Ophrah plays very well. I can't help myself liking that kind of river movie about america history through the life of a few characters.

3. bogdann's rating of the film The Butler

4. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film The Butler

Better than expected, catches that era very well, with very respect.

5. James Mackin's rating of the film The Butler

Another one of those preachy Oscar films we see too many of every year that would rather tell a story old people would like to hear as opposed to contributing to and expanding the medium. That said, it was kinda funny to see people badly play different presidents.

6. Kamran's rating of the film The Butler

Superficially gleans over context-informing histories to produce a poorly developed but well performed portrait of a man, who is poignantly presented as the epitome of a dignified black American amid 20th century racial tensions. (2.5) 66/100 - Good. 66/100 - Good.

7. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Butler

8. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Butler

Lee Daniels is a cancer.....and I don't mean the astrological sign

9. mpho3's rating of the film The Butler

A wooden (even cartoonish) yet well intentioned and in some regards well acted (esp. Oprah and Whitaker) film. Unfortunately Daniels botches it by turning Cecil into a Black Forest Gump who just happens to be in the midst of several pivotal historical moments. It's unfortunate because the central conflict between father and son, different generations of Black men, is a moving one.

10. Elliot Kern's rating of the film The Butler

not the radical political film i *expected* - it goes easy on taking a stand if you know what i mean. but then i stopped being a snob. i cried like 3 times plus the lighting and photography is remarkable

11. MAO1's rating of the film The Butler

12. Frederico Cintra Torres's rating of the film The Butler

13. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Butler

14. Susana Bessa's rating of the film The Butler

Too ambitious for its own good..

15. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Butler

Everytime I tell that Cuba Junior joke about the tight vagg there's this awkward silence.

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Butler

A very mixed-bag historical drama that goes by way too fast and isn't very risky filmmaking since it offers nothing new and doesn't take many chances. But the great performances (especially Whitaker & Winfrey) and small but effective moment of humor help make sure that it's a slightly entertaining film to watch.

17. BLEIBTREU's rating of the film The Butler

Good acting, good story. Does a sharp job of differentiating between how social change works when young men & women are fighting at home in their own interests, and how it utterly fails when you send young men off to die in war. Sadly, after using Obama's election as a victory, the director fails to inform us that Obama merely continues the same war-mongering policy that all those dead white men had before him.

18. Tiago Batista Santos's rating of the film The Butler

19. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Butler

Oprah and Oyelowo were never convincing, in opposition to Whitaker who played the butler with assurance and plainness. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-butler-2013.html

20. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Butler

Un "vistazo veloz" a la historia del racismo en EEUU desde el gobierno de Eisenhower. Dosis de sensiblería suave y poco efectiva. Las actuaciones no son las grandes interpretaciones que mencionan.

21. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film The Butler

Yes and No ... A great performance from Whitaker but in my opinion this film was too ambitious | ✮✮

22. salemsharp's rating of the film The Butler

Heavy handed at times, I can see the Forrest Gump comparisons, but Forrest is top notch, and so is Oprah. Also shout out to Mariah Carey? what a nice little surprise. I don't know how seriously this can be taken as a reflection of the civil rights movement though, but I have a soft spot for Lee Daniels.

23. Luís Silva's rating of the film The Butler