1. Miguel Plante's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

Bonne idée, scénario nouveau et sympathique, finale jouissive et originale! Dommage que la réalisation soit si grise, et que les scènes de meurtre, qu'on attend avec impatience, soient si peu inventives (sauf pour quelques exceptions, il faut bien l'admettre!) Au final, c'est un bon slasher qui questionne et tente de réinventer le genre. Un petit film qui fait du bien!

2. Roy Deckard's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

3. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

I didn't finish it, and it was one of my biggest DVD buying regrets even though I only spent like $5 on it.

4. kopfkompass's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

The last teenagers in a lost house movie ever needed. Hilarious. But good.

5. Andy Okta's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

different, weird, unexpected.

6. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

I don't know, the acting wasn't that great and you can see a lot coming. I didn't love it... but I did end watching it feeling like it was something new, different from everything else out there. Worth a watch.

7. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

8. Evan Schafer's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

While I watched this film back around the time it was released, I had forgotten its cleverness and attention to detail. Yes, there is a cliche edge when it comes to basically fan-girling over the horror genre as a trope, but it's the film's meta awareness of itself that ultimately wins out. The close where the "world" of the film literally folds in on itself and "ends" is a superb close. Definitely see this.

9. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

10. Cimino!'s rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

I realize that adding it to a Lovecraft list borders on "Spoiler Alert": until the final revelation, we're watching a fun but a bit heavy-handed ironic and meta take on "Evil Dead the 13th meets The Cube". The final twist clearly elevates the film.

11. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

Really not all that. In fact stay away from it.

12. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

Un très bon twist apporté à la formule classique du slasher movie, très méta, je dis oui.

13. Fabiha's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

"You've seen horrible things, an army of nightmare creatures. But they are nothing compared to what came before, what lies below."

14. Kreg's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

I know that the point was for it to be a cliche about cliches but it didn't even do that well.

15. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

16. apriccot's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

2,5 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny_in_horror_films

17. richardlawrn's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

pretty good! not at all predictable and gets quite crazy at the end. perhaps marty's pot got through the screen and I inhaled it <3

18. Shoham L's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

The idea was okay, but far from a successful parody.

19. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

20. MXN BWN's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

21. teresa romã's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

Two for the effort, but... Not really.

22. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

It’s hard to imagine anyone above high-school age genuinely thinking this film was ‘smart' or 'subversive.’ It’s exactly the kind of pedestrian, creatively-bankrupt, bullshit 'meta deconstruction' a 15-year-old would write.

23. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods

I loved how it started out as a fairly generic teen horror then twists into something else, then does the same again. And again. Funny unpredictable treat and a pleasant surprise.

24. Tiagojeff's rating of the film The Cabin in the Woods