1. mávros skýlos's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

They should release remodel with Brute Heart score

2. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

An unexpectedly beautiful film!

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

3-4. On the one hand, it invented the twist ending. On the other hand, the ending drains the movie of its political edge.

4. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

5. pepoire's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Saw this for the umpteenth time today and suddenly, briefly, understood why people find Conrad Veidt attractive? Only briefly, though. Also the 'Du musst Caligari werden' scene remains one of my favourite uses of the written word in early cinema, A+, love it

6. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

A gateway film for generations of film students (in the classroom and elsewhere).

7. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Just saw it again - this is insanely good! This incredible attention to detail - everything there is so carefully crafted. Not a single straight line, not a single right angle.

8. James Mackin's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

One of my favourite silent films of all time, this is so goddamn baller (a word I so rarely use). Them German Expressionists were killing it back in the 20s.

9. low's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The best example of German expressionism.

10. Hugo Resendiz Saldivar's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Considerada una película proto-zombie, narra una historia sobre un hombre y su experiencia con un acto de feria, el despertar del sonámbulo, que predice el futuro contestando a cualquier pregunta. ¿Qué se puede perder al preguntar cuando voy a morir? A menos que diga, esta noche.

11. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I loved the set design and the score, but the story was muddled, and lacked direction and reason at times. The final act in particular didn't make much sense; and the story as a whole would've benefitted from more mystery behind who was responsible for the murders.

12. ionu's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

13. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

SPOILERS— I mean...it's THE Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, a rightful classic— marvel of design and mood. I'm split on the twist, but, I think it does have *something* to say about institutionalization that resonates with me as a mentally ill person. The terror of a real asylum director internalized as an obsessive, murderous asylum director. Also, well paced imho

14. Slow Immersion's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Terrible film; relies too much on intertitles, and has no visual panache. Thematically unimpressive, and acting poor. Should have paid more attention to creating a film with a better visual emphasis.

15. Joao Domingues's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

16. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Dose kooky angles! I wish there were more objects and less cardboard though - the graspable things like the chairs and windows or when the scene has depth lift the film out of flat theatricality. Caligari's face too! But the plot progression is very: slow; info-dump; slow; info-dump and I can only really admire it from afar. Must have been brain-searing upon first release though. But aged worse than Murnau, for me.

17. Carolina Sousa's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

18. sirivof's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

19. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Very cool flick here. Crazy ending. A personal fav. The soundtrack used on the old Kino dvd I have is quite laughable so I usually watch this one with the sound off. Totally silent. Anyone have the blu ray? Better soundtrack? Thanks

20. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

21. Esra Yılmaz's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

come on guys this is an absulate gem!! I was lucky to watch it in a theatre with music performance what an unforgettable experience!

22. Elizabeth's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Saw it with live accompaniment which added significantly to the experience.

23. Chris_Parker's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

It's a very well-made genre exercise, heightened by some stylistic innovations, but I can't understand why it's been accorded so much importance.

24. Dignan's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The first feature to question the legitimacy of psychiatric authority and use expressionism to show the evil world of psychiatry. Caligari, the sadist master, uses hypnoses (in lieu of drugs) to sedate his "patient"-slave, Cesare, into submission. When Franzis discovers psychiatry's secret, he is declared "mentally ill" and locked into an asylum. Psychiatry: rape under the guise of mutual consent.