1. lina maj's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

My grandfather looks similar to Friedrich Feher :) http://linamaj.tumblr.com/post/131808678013/i-really-think-that-my-grandfather-looks-rather

2. patríciapinho's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I really tried to love this a lot more, unfortunately it went right through me. It was beautifully shot and ahead of its time, but I feel that maybe the restored version I saw spoiled it for me, as it looked nothing like the stills circulating around the web. I can't be blamed for hating the color green.

3. suede's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

So fascinating to study the actors & famous expressionist sets in the Murnau Foundation's perfect 2014 restoration (4K). Oddly, the film itself leaves me cold. Am at a bit of a loss regarding its reception... || Seen w. a collectively composed score, played by a chamber orchestra from the Freiburg Conservatory of Music. Competent, but didn't knock my socks off. Must see a copy w. Zorn's organ music from 2014 someday!

4. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

1920, dir. ROBERT WIENE - 8,2/10 (Germany)

5. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

An expressionism twist. Like the old-theatre in the old-town

6. Milly Hampton's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

you really can't multitask when watching silent films

7. Maria's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

8. Richard!'s rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The film that sold me on silent films. The visuals are absolutely amazing with the painted on shadows and at times dream logic. It is however marred by its twist ending that I found somewhat disappointing.

9. HSBilly's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

before the twist-concept film the way it is now

10. sebasfig79's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Wow the set design of this film is fantastic!!!

11. Andrew's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The sets and visual atmosphere are extraordinary, and fit very nicely with contemporary artistic movements in other fields. The theatrical style and expressiveness also add hugely to this movie. I'd be interested in others' views about this film's influence on Orson Welles, thinking specifically of the Trial and Othello - having seen both of those films recently it seems to me there was a stylistic progression.

12. paxy's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

13. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Not much more I can say about this classic that hasn't already been said. A cinematic milestone and a perfect example of German expressionism.

14. Herwin Cabasal's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Reviewing German Expressionism #filmstudies

15. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Obligatory film studies film. Hello German expressionism.

16. RBCrickmar's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

There is a hypnotic quality about Cesare's entrance into the room of Jane, one which draws you into the screen in a way that can only be matched by that close-up on Cesare as he awakens for the 1st time. Although this is undoubtedly a monumental film, it doesn't quite possess the same haunting atmosphere, lyrical beauty or kinetic paranoia of THE STUDENT OF PRAGUE, SUNRISE and DR MABUSE, THE GAMBLER. Eureka release.

17. Syavash Sepehr's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

One of the finest German Expressionist films

18. THORIVOS's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Simply fabulous with the new John Zorn soundtrack. An absolute expressionist classic of the silent era.

19. Barry Toasttt's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The designs are still unique and bizarrely beautiful to this day (like for real Tim Burton does not have shit on this film.) The movie isn't always the most coherent or satisfying film in terms of narrative, but the feel, texture, and style of the film more than make up for it.

20. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The soundtrack alone would make a great avant-garde record. the ending, the music ,the sets all great,great,great <3

21. aubfuscate's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

This is hilarious and beautiful.

22. chockablock's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

expressionistic set is amazing!

23. muse_x's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Genius! though I wish they'd eased up a wee bit on the Botox® (restoration) treatment of it & allowed for some of its age ––in term of grit/scratches–– to fetishize over.

24. SueRay's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I fell asleep watching this movie but what I saw was nightmarish!