1. jamesey's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

It's hard to imagine this used to frighten crowds of moviegoers, but I guess we have to crawl before we can walk. I stopped the version with the modern techno music at the midway point and switched to the orchestral music. I enjoyed the latter much more.

2. scott's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I had fun watching this one. And it looks like they had fun making it—the sets are incredible! After watching with the original score, I watched a few scenes with DJ Spooky's music, and would recommend his over the original (which isn't bad by any means).

3. ihor's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

It's really difficult not to be annoyed by bad plot, underdeveloped characters and poor dialogue which often characterizes silent films. Here it is prevalent the plot twist at the end only slightly compensates for this. What redeems the film is the peculiar cubist like art direction, and the expressionist cinematography and acting that creates most of the horror that is present.

4. jim in austin's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

A nicely restored classic. Entertaining, as always. I might add that under the greasepaint of the somnambulist is a young Conrad Veidt...

5. Jaka Bombač's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

First true horror film; haunting! Made me think why silent film is not a renowned film genre nowadays. Even if the dialogue is below-par for a modern viewer, the scenery and raw style make up for it. My brain cells seemed much more active having to connect music to scenery to story. Despite a simple story, this film plays around with concepts, shapes, colors and personalities to create a dreamlike experience.

6. Marieta Aguilar's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

This is probably my favourite mute film. The weird scenography with strong influences of cubism is just amazing. The story is still good and I love that as it's structured as a dreamy fairy tale the expressionist overacting does not look so bad to modern eyes as in other German films. Highly recommended!

7. Buddy Love's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

This film definitely had a big influence on Tim Burton.

8. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

So good. I could perhaps do without certain moments in the last 27 minutes or so, and the rhythm from scene space to scene space sometimes feels unskillful, uncertain, part of too many hands' interference perhaps? But these are altogether minor quibbles in relation to the moments when the film is working. A living, breathing thing, this one.

9. seanfegan's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

An iconic German expressionist film reflecting the dark and bleak society in post war Germany in an artistic manner.

10. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Apoteosi del cinema espressionista, meraviglioso nelle immagini e denso di sentimento, vero capolavoro del cinema muto

11. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

germany , loneliness , philosophy , expressionism.

12. Layali Heart's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

13. flobota's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

a masterpiece and a blue print for modern story telling. haunting expressionist scenography, acting and if you see it with live music, it will stay with you forever.

14. JUERGEN_K's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The root of all Horror Films!

15. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

the soundtrack is astonishing.

16. msmichel's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Horror classic that has stood the test of time. Slow moving but rewarding tale of a mad doctor/sonambulist taking on the role of the "mythical" Caligari. Wild hand painted sets ad to the mystique/dream quality of the pic coming full circle in the film's twisted denoument. Somewhat impressionistic, surreal and most definately strange.

17. stephanie Henriksen's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Mise en scene elements in this film are fantastic!!!

18. ach's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

unluckily seen with unstandable eletric guitar live soundtrack

19. Koray's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

and the similar version of it The imaginarium of Dr. Parnassuss

20. rossella's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

21. CinemaHouse Productions's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Isn't odd that The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari seems to be reflection of German society? Then again it could be foreshadowing future events that will turn the country upside down, a distorted world in the film. Caligari himself is almost like a personification of repression, symbolizing lunacy, a dictator who threatens Europe while Cesare follows orders to kill. Its brilliance use of shadow enfolds something sinister.

22. El Biffo's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I liked this much better than Nosferatu!

23. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I enjoyed this one mainly because of the incredibly original sets!

24. Muffinhead1985's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

At nearly 100 years old, it puts 99% of modern films to shame.