1. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

A Guignol critique on consumerism that starts off as a joke but takes the joke to the point of straight-faced seriousness (like The Aristocrats turns into The Magnificent Ambersons). I think it's trying to be that way, because it has mood to spare, even when you're confused.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

Un classique du fantastique ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

#Aussie oi oi oi: Interesting fact - The cars featured in this movie inspired the design for some vehicles in Mad Max Fury Road.

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

A particularly bitter pleasure for me: "I can drive, I can drive!"

5. Andrzej's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

I've got nothing to say but I love that car with spikes all over it.

6. Clarissa's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

I am rewatching this right now and forgot how awesomely dark and crazy this movie is. Just wonderful!

7. D/R/W's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

A tremendously strong and creative debut feature from some one who would become one of Australia and America's biggest talents. A dark sense of humor mixed with some really neat costume and car designs all fitting into a bizarr-o western theme. I can totally see where Edgar Wright got the main inspiration for Hot Fuzz from...

8. xrystyna's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

i was expecting a trashy so bad that it is good movie - but this isn't it. it is really decent and fun movie to watch. weird - but not overwhelmingly. good sense of humour!

9. Posterocalypse's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

What a strange and crazy movie. Can't believe this came from the director of The Truman Show and Master and Commander. This would be a perfect companion film to Obayashi's House.

10. Samurai Panda Poetry's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

11. Nosada's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

Weird, but not horrible.

12. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Cars That Ate Paris

Odd little Australian film that has an intriguing premise, but is far to slow to live up to its potential as a cult classic. Plenty of weird moments - particularly the gory and surreal ending - but it lacks the energy to make things interesting along the way.