1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Such a deceptively deep film, such a gentle directorial touch. Thank you, Mubi! So seemingly simple yet I feel like I now have a complicated and subtle intuitive grasp of their life and the archetypes that underpin their experience. Beautiful. I feel lucky to have seen this film.

2. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

3.5 stars. "Everyone dies, but no one is ever truly dead."

3. bodhishin's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Beautiful film in its simplicity and accepting humanity.

4. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Loved every bit of it. Reminded me of that book of photographs of families from around the world standing with all the stuff from their homes. The American families had heaps of possessions. And then you'd see families like in this film. All the possessions can fit into a couple carts. Talk about a small carbon footprint! Also, nothing bad happened to the dog, which was a relief.

5. Diana Vaz's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Such simplicity and beauty cannot be put into words. Beautiful cinematography and landscapes.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

"Mum, can I have some dung?"

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Spectacular. A simple little film with great power and depth of emotions. Beautiful cinematography and pure honesty on film. The actors are barely acting. They are just reacting and existing onscreen. Their emotions are true and rich. The story is told very straight forward and yet seems utterly full of nuance and subtlety. Really loved this story of a Mongolian family and the little girl who finds a dog.

8. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

A slight story, but a fascinating glimpse into nomad Mongolian life.

9. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

10. DestDest's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Slow and dull but also peaceful and beautiful. This shows how a farm family is effected by a dog their daughter finds. Uneventful but worth watching

11. PropheticHeine's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Such a beautiful film, not so much in the sense of the plot but the colors, background and music just bring this film in. It's a film to really just chill with and watch, lacking in action, it makes up in its subtlety. I really enjoy the setting in Mongolia with its vast expanse of grassland, it looks absolutely phenomenal. I as well found the children to be absolutely adorable for some reason and I hate kids.

12. Jessica's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

I really liked that this film was shot in a documentary style. It made it feel like we were following a normal families life. The children were great, especially the main little girl, at expressing their love for the dog. You can tell the dog was timid at first but later started to get more comfortable with them and ended up being very protective and a part of the family.

13. Kavionna's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

This movie was so beautiful and moving in so many ways. For instance, when the little girl that goes in the cave and finds the dog and the dog came off as scared because he thought a wolf was going to come in there and eat him. It went at a steady pace but you would be able to understand what is going on through out the movie. I did not understand it at first but as I got into it I grown to really like it.

14. ejonline's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

I think the reviews have this pegged well. It is small in terms of the scope of the story, but it is well observed and moving. The location is as striking as expected and the children's performances are great, as well. I certainly feel like I could spend another movie with this family, and it reminds me of how much I have left to learn about Mongolia.

15. Cjspen2.0's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

This Film uses a documentary type form to it, at least to me, because it depicts very real events through a gritty film style. The movie is not one hundred percent a documentary style movie as there is some belief that needs to be suspended that slightly takes you out of the movie. In a way this movie is a mixture of documentary and storytelling as it depicts these events as if they were real, but also tells a story.

16. grotesc's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

17. el.'s rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

I expected so much and in the end, I got everything.

18. Lthm2's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Very thankful to the makers of this film, the Batchulum family and ofc Mubi to have witnessed this bliss.

19. eja's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Some of the best and most engaging filming of children I've ever seen.

20. rado's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

The scene where the attractive plastic pot melts in the fire is one of the most powerful in all of cinema. Rural and urban values are a world apart.

21. Through A Glass, Darkly's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

Wonderful film, beautifully executed. The documentary style only works in its favour.

22. Luiz Souza's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

almost ODeed on cuteness watching this.

23. pandakuma's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

i'm ready to leave my life here, follow their path to be one of them, and play with the kids, dog, sheeps and cow everyday. it is too cute and beautiful i can't even ask for more.

24. Cbarky99's rating of the film The Cave of the Yellow Dog

'small gem' is one of those overused phrases that becomes trite because it crops up in so many reviews, and that's a shame because it's perfect for a wise, gentle little film like this one.