1. I.Camera's rating of the film The Celebration

Dogme 95 hit the ground running with this tremendous film from Thomas Vinterberg. The woozy hand-held Handycam winding through hallways and into hotel bedrooms is perfect in capturing the abusive dysfunctionality of a wealthy, entitled family witnessing its own decline. Dogme as a movement may be long dead, and shakycam a cinematographic cliche, but this tragic Pinteresque farce only gets better with age.

2. DebraM's rating of the film The Celebration

I think this is one of the best films to come out of the Dogma 95 movement and the only one I really like. It's a hard watch at times, brutal and incredibly creepy - yet still incredibly watchable. Great cinema!

3. Krish sanghvi's rating of the film The Celebration

Those who hurt you are still capable of loving you deeply.

4. Renton47's rating of the film The Celebration

It would be a hollow gesture to suggest the way it uses its thematic draw (which I won't spoil, it's a terrific shock) is mere provocation; all of Festen is catered toward a kind of arthouse-bourgeois provocation. And while it in no way merits worth as a tale of familial trauma, it is repeatedly and jaw-droppingly one of the most ecstatic and inventive uses of a camera in mainstream until maybe Inland Empire 3.5

5. poetboi's rating of the film The Celebration

dogma95 is one of my favourite film movements, even though i've only seen this film. i love the idea behind it. this film proves that narrative and acting can trump technical achievement any time. one of my top 50 favourites. thoughtful and dark, but funny in a weird way. inspires me to make films.

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Celebration

7. Maratka Alarma's rating of the film The Celebration

самый уморительный фильм об изнасиловании и педофилии в моей жизни

8. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Celebration

9. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Celebration

Few films has ever managed to believably present a family birthday celebration documentary-style (with hand-held cameras and low-fi resolution footage), but it can be hard to take the plot seriously since it is more impressive and dramatic than ten seasons of a normal soap opera, but the acting is so spotless and intense that it sells this premise completely. A celebration from hell indeed.

10. gld48's rating of the film The Celebration

11. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Celebration

12. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Celebration

First and best of the Dogma 95 movement. Shot with a Sony DCR-PC3, once you get past its initially ugly look you’ll get involved with a never ending explosion of characters airing out their dirty laundry at their father’s 60th birthday. An exhausting but brutal experience that for a moment makes you feel pretty good about your own family.

13. Taib Mou's rating of the film The Celebration

A Shocking view on Family dyniamics, and what lies beneth

14. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Celebration

73/100 (Filmi beğendiğimi söyleyerek yorumuma başlamak istiyorum. Ancak yapılan övgüler, puanlamalar ister istemez kendinden soğutuyor. Beklentileri karşılamıyor. Kesinlikle buralara layık bir film değil. Farklı bir tarz oluşturan Dogma 95 akımının farklılığı ve filmin değindiği taciz konusunun hassasiyeti bence bu puanları oluşturuyor. Doğrusu bu durum benim puanımı da etkiledi....)

15. Joana China's rating of the film The Celebration

Brutal film. Being the first Dogme, it's a mark in the cinema's history.

16. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Celebration

Familial explosions then implosion par excellence. Perhaps the best of the Dogma school - the approach is put to good use in this coldly baroque destruction of the perennially dysfunctional family. It works especially well on two main counts: we've all been there (if in a much lower gear) and the probing camera affords such a wonderfully nosey eye on the fire and ice that we feel like we probably are. Bludgeoning.

17. FISCHER's rating of the film The Celebration

D'une réjouissante cruauté libératrice... www.cinefiches.com

18. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Celebration

Along with Breaking The Waves this is the crowning film of the Dogma movement. Its a painful reminder of the need to keep appearances in our society at all cost, even when the truth is screaming at us in the face.

19. B o g d a n's rating of the film The Celebration

#1 - XII.2015 #2 - 25.XII.2016 #3 - 21.VII.2018

20. choupinet's rating of the film The Celebration

Performance 5/5. I love the simpleness of the '95 dogme films, because it allows you to get completely immersed in the plot. It's a concept that makes you rethink the way movies can be produced, which I find very fascinating. The Celebration is a perfect example where the performances are stronger than the story itself.

21. anadyomene's rating of the film The Celebration

First Dogme 95 based film. I expected this kind of storyline from big family-themed drama films. Festen or The Celebration is very... human. I even felt a tinge of sympathy for (supposedly) the most loathsome characters.

22. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Celebration

7.9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2C6

23. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Celebration

I really liked how intentionally nauseating this film was, resulting in a paranoid experience.

24. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Celebration

A film in a world of its own. A film that eventually makes forget about everything else, and leaves you leaning for every reaction.