1. h.j.doote's rating of the film The Celebration

2. Y.Said's rating of the film The Celebration

this movie was sooo much fun to watch. loved it when you could see the microphone in one of the scenes!

3. SandroAlkohol's rating of the film The Celebration

4. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Celebration

Cf. World Happiness Report. (At least consider living with me in Paris.)

5. Tye-J's rating of the film The Celebration

Hard and realistic. The Dogma style adds perfectly to what you see and what you hear. Picture quality of this stream is horrendous, however, like very early VHS times. Don't know if it's by intent by the director, but it works anyway and maybe also adds to the realism of the story. Watch it, it's really worth it.

6. I.Camera's rating of the film The Celebration

Dogme 95 hit the ground running with this tremendous film from Thomas Vinterberg. The woozy hand-held Handycam winding through hallways and into hotel bedrooms is perfect in capturing the abusive dysfunctionality of a wealthy, entitled family witnessing its own decline. Dogme as a movement may be long dead, and shakycam a cinematographic cliche, but this tragic Pinteresque farce only gets better with age.

7. DebraM's rating of the film The Celebration

I think this is one of the best films to come out of the Dogma 95 movement and the only one I really like. It's a hard watch at times, brutal and incredibly creepy - yet still incredibly watchable. Great cinema!

8. Krish sanghvi's rating of the film The Celebration

Those who hurt you are still capable of loving you deeply.

9. Renton47's rating of the film The Celebration

It would be a hollow gesture to suggest the way it uses its thematic draw (which I won't spoil, it's a terrific shock) is mere provocation; all of Festen is catered toward a kind of arthouse-bourgeois provocation. And while it in no way merits worth as a tale of familial trauma, it is repeatedly and jaw-droppingly one of the most ecstatic and inventive uses of a camera in mainstream until maybe Inland Empire 3.5

10. poetboi's rating of the film The Celebration

dogma95 is one of my favourite film movements, even though i've only seen this film. i love the idea behind it. this film proves that narrative and acting can trump technical achievement any time. one of my top 50 favourites. thoughtful and dark, but funny in a weird way. inspires me to make films.

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Celebration

12. Maratka Alarma's rating of the film The Celebration

самый уморительный фильм об изнасиловании и педофилии в моей жизни

13. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Celebration

14. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Celebration

Few films has ever managed to believably present a family birthday celebration documentary-style (with hand-held cameras and low-fi resolution footage), but it can be hard to take the plot seriously since it is more impressive and dramatic than ten seasons of a normal soap opera, but the acting is so spotless and intense that it sells this premise completely. A celebration from hell indeed.

15. gld48's rating of the film The Celebration

16. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Celebration

17. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Celebration

First and best of the Dogma 95 movement. Shot with a Sony DCR-PC3, once you get past its initially ugly look you’ll get involved with a never ending explosion of characters airing out their dirty laundry at their father’s 60th birthday. An exhausting but brutal experience that for a moment makes you feel pretty good about your own family.

18. Taib Mou's rating of the film The Celebration

A Shocking view on Family dyniamics, and what lies beneth

19. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Celebration

73/100 (Filmi beğendiğimi söyleyerek yorumuma başlamak istiyorum. Ancak yapılan övgüler, puanlamalar ister istemez kendinden soğutuyor. Beklentileri karşılamıyor. Kesinlikle buralara layık bir film değil. Farklı bir tarz oluşturan Dogma 95 akımının farklılığı ve filmin değindiği taciz konusunun hassasiyeti bence bu puanları oluşturuyor. Doğrusu bu durum benim puanımı da etkiledi....)

20. Joana China's rating of the film The Celebration

Brutal film. Being the first Dogme, it's a mark in the cinema's history.

21. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Celebration

Familial explosions then implosion par excellence. Perhaps the best of the Dogma school - the approach is put to good use in this coldly baroque destruction of the perennially dysfunctional family. It works especially well on two main counts: we've all been there (if in a much lower gear) and the probing camera affords such a wonderfully nosey eye on the fire and ice that we feel like we probably are. Bludgeoning.

22. FISCHER's rating of the film The Celebration

D'une réjouissante cruauté libératrice... www.cinefiches.com

23. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Celebration

Along with Breaking The Waves this is the crowning film of the Dogma movement. Its a painful reminder of the need to keep appearances in our society at all cost, even when the truth is screaming at us in the face.

24. B o g d a n's rating of the film The Celebration