1. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film The Cement Garden

Gross but reminiscent of endless summers spent as a kid, fearing life.

2. jyan's rating of the film The Cement Garden

a visual portrait of the book, except for some smart cuts in the story. toned down a little bit, but you get the same thing Ian McEwan tried to: you feel the thin air on the screen just the same way of every page-turn, yet it feels hard to breathe because it's too heavy.

3. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film The Cement Garden

It's a fascinated movie. The two principal characters bounce themselves between dealing with their hormones and having their mom and dad dead. It's also about taboo since the two lovers are brother and sister. The lightning places a very important role here. Without it, the story would just be about two teenagers getting to know their sexuality, but with it, it became this mysterious wishful pursue for pleasure.

4. Philip Taylor's rating of the film The Cement Garden

Did Michael Slovis find inspiration for the intense back-lit cinematography of 'Breaking Bad' here? Difficult to imagine the same images being possible on digital film. Wow! As for the story, yes, distasteful but intensely absorbing. Wouldn't have worked half as well if it had been cut to a faster pace.

5. Dogville59's rating of the film The Cement Garden

Wow this is not Hollywood - thankfully

6. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Cement Garden

unsettles, mostly with is vague abstraction.

7. Jeremiah-Johnson's rating of the film The Cement Garden

Strangely beautiful, I thought, in an unsettling and quite creepy way...

8. DominicB's rating of the film The Cement Garden

Don't watch this with the kids, or the parents for that matter. This dark tale of urban misadventure is both mundane and sublime. This is a bizarre film. That's a good thing.

9. somerseson's rating of the film The Cement Garden

Not for me. In my opinion, this film has that undesirable skill of making 105 minutes feel like 210 minutes. I have rarely taken against a film as much as I took against this one. The acting, the pace and the soundscape were all elements that felt poorly constructed to me.

10. richardbraham's rating of the film The Cement Garden

Moments of stiff acting, but brilliant direction and great performance from Charlotte Gainsbourg. Funny and unsettling.

11. Pymo's rating of the film The Cement Garden

Another brick in the wall...

12. Westley's rating of the film The Cement Garden

I love the ironic voice-over narration of Jack's pulp sci-fi novel. Very funny stuff. This is an incredibly strange movie.

13. mayainmotion's rating of the film The Cement Garden