1. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film The Central Park Five

sadly, this type of story is starting to become more and more familiar

2. Zac Weber's rating of the film The Central Park Five

This even-handed, infuriating documentation of injustice begs the question—has anything really changed?

3. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Central Park Five

4. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Central Park Five

Racial profiling is a major issue in the justice system and implicitly right-wing media framing agendas. The police have a difficult job in solving cases of abuse, but this example from 1989 is a cautionary tale in how not to handle a case. It also raises the grey areas of interrogation, how to identify the difference between a false and true confession, and the authentic meaning of a 'right to a fair trial'.

5. Skinnedteen's rating of the film The Central Park Five

To think, the racism depicted in this film is still happening now especially when it comes to the treatment of the police towards Black/Hispanic people. When are we ever gonna learn?

6. mpho3's rating of the film The Central Park Five

Film Comment's Chris Chang writes, "The film, in some ways a primer on the perennial intractability of racial prejudice, clearly intends to be some sort of vindication of its five central figures. It succeeds in the first respect but falls wide of the mark in the second." While those kids were railroaded, they did do a lot of f*cked up stuff that night, victims who victimized others. I'd have liked that addressed.

7. pieomy's rating of the film The Central Park Five

This might be the best documentary i've ever seen. I also liked how at the beginning, a montage of old photographs of NYC was shown; some of my favourite photographers work was displayed here (Bruce Davidson, etc). The justice system is so corrupt- it makes you wonder whether at this point in time, anything will ever change. This is a very well made, heartbreaking and effective documentary.. everyone should see it.

8. Jim Cee's rating of the film The Central Park Five

"What we need to realise is we are not good people".

9. Kattie Dsouza's rating of the film The Central Park Five

I had always wondered that why have been these stories been kept so far away from all of us. last night I happened to click on the link provided below and trust me it turned out to be an eye opener for me..... http://www.moviesmount.com/the-central-park-five-movie Simply copy and paste it to have an amazing screening of the film.

10. Andre Rehal's rating of the film The Central Park Five

A very moving doc that foregrounds the Central Park Five case itself in addition to the the toll taken on the wrongly accused and flagrant ignorance of the NYPD and the DA during the case.

11. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Central Park Five

★★★★ utterly discomforting and horrifying. and those are the adequate emotions.

12. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film The Central Park Five

A disturbing, moving and important film! Ken Burns has managed to still create a phenomenal documentary, displaying one of New York Citys darkest piece of history in every honest detail as thinkable. A truly masterful crafted documentary!

13. Risselada's rating of the film The Central Park Five

I just saw this film tonight. It reminded me again of my conviction that if I find myself in a police interrogation room for ANY reason I will take my right to remain silent and my right to an attorney. When they say anything can and WILL be used against you, why would anyone say anything else after that? This is something that all children in the US should be taught.

14. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Central Park Five

Incendiary documentary explores the infamous case of the Central Park Jogger, who was brutally raped in 1989, leading to the arrest and conviction of five innocent African American and Hispanic teenagers. A clear-eyed portrait of racial injustice and police coercion, Ken Burns' powerful film reveals a corrupt NYC justice system that ruined the lives of 5 young men and still refuses to admit its mistake.