1. William's rating of the film The Changeling

3.5 A bit tv movie-ish, but made with care & skill.

2. Mellow Dude's rating of the film The Changeling

ROLFMAO stands for rolling on the floor laughing my ass

3. Joel's rating of the film The Changeling

Not a game changer by any means but there are touches of real atmosphere to this film and scenes that linger.

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Changeling

I expected more, actually. But it is a still solid horror movie...

5. Vasco Bação's rating of the film The Changeling

Meh. George C Scott deserved a better director. Keep the DP, though.

6. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Changeling

Odo's bucket was nowhere to be seen.

7. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Changeling

The star of this film was the soundtrack for me. Its sounds really carried some kind of force with it, the way some seemed very aural and others quite flat. Flat on the other hand were also the actors' performances. It's a nice story-line but the actors could not convey its tension fully.

8. josh scam's rating of the film The Changeling

very spooky, file under classic liberal hollywood,

9. Dan's rating of the film The Changeling

I will be forever wary of wells. And the wealthy.

10. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Changeling

A well-made hanuted-house thriller filled with plenty of chills & mystery. George C. Scott gave quite a fine performance, still rare to see him acted in some horror. I was also surprised to see parts of this film were shot in Seattle, which must be monumental there.

11. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Changeling

Its anti-aristocratic message--how power wielded for authoritarian and lineage-preserving purposes effects the life of future generations--properly congeals with Scott 's portrayal of redemptive grief after loss. A debatable fault is that the scares and mystery are archetypal, yet these genre trappings are generic only because this film set the cliches. Yet, unlike its kin, Medak uses them in an artistic manner.

12. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Changeling

I liked all the supernatural stuff and the seance scenes I thought were good. The ending was also quite good, and the movie had an interesting performance by George C. Scott. But as far as the mystery/investigating stuff goes, I was quite bored and I found them quite pedestrian.

13. Knut Morte's rating of the film The Changeling

Movies excellent. "You God damn son of a bitch! What do you want from me? I've done everything I can do."

14. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film The Changeling

Sticks to the basics of any haunted house story you have ever read or seen, and it does so effectively. It deserves it's status as a classic in the genre.

15. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film The Changeling

Not as scary or suspenseful as I thought it would be. Trish Van Devere was a terrible actress. The ending was the best part of the film.

16. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Changeling

Good old fashioned horror movie with well written characters and some nice and scary set pieces. They sure don´t make them like this anymore.

17. film_lies101's rating of the film The Changeling

More of a murder mystery than a ghost story. I thought it was solid, though some of the performances felt overwrought.

18. serotoninronin's rating of the film The Changeling

One of Scott's best performances and one of the downright spookiest flicks ever made.

19. T. J. Harman's rating of the film The Changeling

Best. Haunted. House. Movie. Ever.

20. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Changeling

**1/2. 1st level : the ghost of a murdered child wants its revenge. 2nd level : the eternal battle between the genuine artist (the director) and the wealthy powers (the producer). 3rd level : a study about plumbing in the early XXth century mansions. 4th level : George C. Scott pays his taxes. 5th level : Martin Scorsese is a very squeamish guy at heart.

21. Johnny DuBiel's rating of the film The Changeling

Atmosphere is the essence of horror, and Peter Medak's film establishes a creepy, intimate feel throughout. Medak's use of space and editing establish a feel that is both claustrophobic and spacious (when the mood calls for one or the other). George C. Scott gives one of the better horror movie performances as the central figure in a film that utilizes its setting to a psychological effect better than most.