1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

A strange story to take on, and while it sags here and there, Corbet is inarguably a talent worth following. There’s an ambition here, also an intelligence, that feels incredibly rare for someone so young.

2. Sonosoloio's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

There is something here that remind me Hanke's films.

3. RumbleFish's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Pacchiano (la meschinità della grandiosità) e inutile (esiste una riflessione riguardo questo film? suggerisce una soluzione? rappresenta una denuncia? niente) ma godibile, bei colori e adorabile la recitazione del bambino.

4. ig_____or's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Terrific opening titles, poster, soundtrack, cinematography, cast... and one terrifying little boy that already belongs in the pantheon of creepy kids in cinema! Cleverly leaves the question open: is evil born or raised?

5. mootz15's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

A fairly mediocre family drama that neverheless manages to sustain an impressive level of tension before finally crumbling into a parodic reductio-ad-hitlerum-meets-Hellboy-villain mess in the final 10 minutes or so. On the other hand, Scott Walker's soundtrack is strikingly efficient (and perhaps largely responsible for what is successful in the film)

6. Monasteries's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

This could be 20 minutes longer to give depth to Pattinson reappearing as the Bastard. I don't buy the intertitle as literal, nor do I buy the father beating his son out of cuckoldry - basically dynamic of the parents & Pattinson should be explored to that end. The childish "tantrums" did a great job of poignantly being analogous to 2010s proto-fascism. Walker's score was incredibly effective given the slow pace.

7. samuele90's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Sicuramente è più interessante tecnicamente, che per le solite banalità sul Potere come coacervo di ogni complesso freudiano possibile e immaginabile.

8. ali di pollo's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Facciamo finta che la fine non esista

9. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

10. matelot's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

le soundtracks di scott walker sono pazzesche

11. Eric Porcelluzzi's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

12. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

A World War I movie with a Scott Walker score sounds like a great movie. Unfortunately, this is not that movie. Walker's score set to stock footage of World War I actually carried more weight than the actual movie.

13. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Actor Brady Corbet's directorial debut leaves a lot to be desired in terms of the near-fainéant progression of the story. However, despite its sometimes unbearably slow pace, the cinematography is wonderful; the score is horrific and incredible; and the brilliance of the third act (Prescott's ominous childhood transformation into a fascist idealogue) makes the whole film worth the watch.

14. Śākyamuni's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Il film divampa in un finale zulawskiano di terremotante ed enigmatica potenza, che fagocita la Storia; un attacco di panico universale che annulla l'Apocalisse, sospendendo entrambe, rimandandole, anzi, rendendole eterne ed ideali, quindi extra-storiche, destinate a reiterarsi in ogni epoca, su altri globi d'argento, attraverso figure cristologiche che si capovolgono, perché il Male è inizialmente un angelo.

15. Absentia's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

16. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

17. Levent Güçer's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

4.5 - I rarely like actors but I always liked this guy. Now I know why.

18. Pymo's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

My power is a slap on your face!

19. pirri's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

20. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Impressively boring. The mismatch between ambition and execution is staggering -- what the hell is this about? The childhood of a fascist dictator; and yet, the character seems to be a normal, petulant child. The bombastic score, faux-novelistic framing, and ominous tone are all empty gesture, pointing toward meaning that isn't there.

21. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

I watched this based solely on Scott Walker's magnificent score, which was also my favorite part of the movie. There's a lot to recommend in 'Childhood of a Leader' but I found something aseptic in its emotional core. The dread, the sorrow, the arrogance--none of it impacts as fully as I think it could've. Props to the dream sequence & its resurgence toward the end. I'll be watching Corbet. More Scott Walker please.

22. J. O.'s rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Painfully pretentious. The director meditates more on his own virtuosity than the story. The cinematography was quite something, and the score was an absolute triumph - but the storytelling falls flat. While critics are foaming at the mouth over this, I was left utterly disappointed and angry. Airy, pretentious nonsense that tries to draw a parallel between mild tantrums, the fall of Europe, and the rise to Fascism.

23. Mirela Dudaş's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Scott Walker’s latest masterpiece

24. Dries's rating of the film The Childhood of a Leader

Coma fa una figa del genere a stare con piero angela???? Il film è una merda totale, sembra una puntata lunga d'elisa di figombrosa o qualche soap da culorotto trasmessa da mediaSERT la domenica pomeriggio quando c'è la sosta della serie A, soundrtack dozzinale e senza senso, frocinson che si sdoppia, brady CoBret che nel finale collassa x overdose e riprende accazzodicane...ma poi che cazzo di nome è prescott???