1. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Children's Hour

78/100 (Adeta tiyatrodan çıkmış gibi hissediyorum. Oyunculuklar, tasarım, diyaloglar bu ciddiyeti belli ediyordu. Ben filmi soluksuz, aynı zamanda gerilerek izledim. Küçük Mary karakterinin kötü olmasının fazla abartılması özellikle o şantaj sahnesindeki uçukluk gibi. Filmin en kötü yanıydı diyebilirim. Ayrıca Homofobi eleştirisi çok yetersizdi. Yine de kitap gibi bir filmdi. Bitmesini hiç istemedim...)

2. Sam Kind's rating of the film The Children's Hour

With this film and during the timeframe it was made, there is a sense of realism at play. The lack of acceptance the two women go through under the false pretenses sends a wave of hatred that is seen even in today's standards. The movie tackles many issues that most refuse to acknowledge and does it in an artistically pleasing format and I think without Shirley MacClaine's performance this film would've fallen flat.

3. Joana Teixeira's rating of the film The Children's Hour

4. Aardsy's rating of the film The Children's Hour

Shirley MacLaine rocks this shit.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Children's Hour

Excellentes interprétations, pour un sujet encore osé, à l'époque ! www.cinefiches.com

6. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Children's Hour

Montaggio a tratti di merda però. ☆ e mezzo.

7. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film The Children's Hour

Mary is worse than Damien from The Omen.

8. emanuela's rating of the film The Children's Hour

Audrey is amazing in every movie I've seen it with her. P.S that mary bitch is a jerk -.-'

9. érzéki's rating of the film The Children's Hour

Moral of the story: don't have kids

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Children's Hour

Another rebuke to pioneering queer film historian Vito Russo's understandable but short-sighted focus on "positive representation," a melodrama that wobbles but finally devastates. Not as fine as Sirk's masterpieces of that genre or Wyler's great BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES, but its refusal to spare its heroine, or us, the murderous cruelty of dominant homophobia lends it at least a rare and affecting MORAL fineness.

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Children's Hour

I must say that I prefer the first adaptation of Lilian Hellman's play - These Three - shot 25 years before by the same William Wyler. It wasn't about lesbianism then but about a love triangle. This one is alas already forgotten.

12. Sefer Taslı Sapık's rating of the film The Children's Hour

http://i.imgur.com/6qRqyJ9.png Akbaba gibi kabristana da tünemiş.

13. sheila's rating of the film The Children's Hour

a timeless piece... great dramatic performances and a brave movie for its era. it captures a realistic attitude towards the prejudices against the controversial issue of homosexuality. also an outstanding adaptation of Hellman's play.

14. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Children's Hour

that's the theatre. i like it.

15. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Children's Hour

A really good film from William Wyler! Has great performances, especially the two central ones by MacLaine and Hepburn.

16. Fx Ardhi Djohary's rating of the film The Children's Hour

17. Marcelo Pereira's rating of the film The Children's Hour

And that's why I hate children.

18. evolvingdodo (waffles)'s rating of the film The Children's Hour

how to blame martha? p.s. i want to kill that baby bitch.

19. Aimee's rating of the film The Children's Hour

town without pity; Shirley plays a great Martha but the portrayal of her character is problematic. the film is still ahead of its time for showing society's intolerance towards alternative sexualities

20. Dizzydent's rating of the film The Children's Hour

That little bitch Mary was terrifying. Children are to be feared.

21. Polyglot's rating of the film The Children's Hour

The greatest "coming out" film I've ever seen. It is unforgettable.

22. Michel Poiccard's rating of the film The Children's Hour

I've been telling myself that since the night I heard the child say it. I lie in bed night after night praying that it isn't true. But I know about it now. It's there. I don't know how, I don't know why. But I did love you! I do love you! I resented your plans to marry. Maybe because I wanted you. Maybe I've wanted you all these years. I couldn't call it by before, but maybe it's been there since I first knew you.

23. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film The Children's Hour

Miles ahead of it's time, this Wyler picture is another portrait of beauty and pain. More about the two women and Garner, and less about the school and the manipulative girl, it aptly explores secrets that are revealed and cannot be forgotten, like love and sexuality.

24. luismsf's rating of the film The Children's Hour

So real and so sad. Even though I knew the end before I watched it, I was impressed. Great performances, direction and editing. A film beyond it's time. And Audrey Hepburn beautiful as always