1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The problem is, in my imagination, there was always a lot of blood. I mean, the Narnia books are the Crusades for kids, with extra lashing of middle-Englandness. Ana Mardoll's excellent deconstructions of the books' racism and misogyny and dubious theology have got me thinking about Narnia again and one thing I think Lewis was great at was evoking in-between worlds, half real and half dream. The film, not so much.

2. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Swinton was great, as always.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

An underrated adaptation and by far the most convincing of the Narnia franchise.

4. Marina C.'s rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

My absolute favourite growing up and where I fell in love with Tilda Swinton (and to this day, still am...)

5. James Mackin's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

This was always a really strange book series to me, and that's about all I have to say on that.

6. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

This might be the nostalgia talking but this movie sure is a lot of fun.

7. Star Lord's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Le cronache di Narnia: il leone, la strega e l'armadio. Una saga che mi ha davvero appassionato.

8. ssia22's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Amazing special effects. Nostalgia, also. Loved it when I was a child, watched it again yesterday, realised it's actually really good.

9. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

10. DilayA's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The third star is due to my love for the books.

11. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

12. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

13. Hayat's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

14. ricovskij's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

the ones who don't appreciate this, i think, haven't read the books and have no feelings. yes.

15. Kid Sisyphus's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

I would've given this a pity 3-stars, but that god awful song that they played when they rolled the credits made me angry.

16. Becky Durham's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

17. Algitya's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Tilda Swinton seriously brought a memorable performance.. and another wicked role she ever did. The Wicked Witch set as every Narnians nightmare then.

18. Tigrão's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

I really enjoy Tilda Swinton's White Witch, I like some visual ideas (the lamppost in the snow), but I just can't, really can't stand the kids.

19. MarcH's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The movie is neither here nor there. Of chief interest is Tilda Swinton's fascinating re-invention of how an "evil queen" acts.

20. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

This film is a modern epic, nearly two-and-a-half hours of extremely well-paced drama and exposition, gorgeous cinematography (I particularly appreciated the overhead shots and also the motif of obstructed views), appropriately-used CGI alongside truly beautiful costume, & impressive performances by all lead and voice actors. Shouldn't be overlooked for its blockbuster status - does the illustrious source much honor.

21. Caden Cotard's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Tilda Swinton gets that third star all by herself.

22. M4NU3L's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

I wonderfully fully realized work of art! I had read the book, and this movie just took it to the next level. Not soiling the source, but enhancing it without replacing any of the primary elements. A visual feast, and an acting barrage of greatness through and through. I can watch it again and again.

23. i hate movies's rating of the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

i will take the BBC version any day, thanks. tilda just isn't enough of a bitch in this.