1. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

A nice little academy awards prestigious movie. Obviously adapted by a novel trying to be the great American one. It's breezy unfulfilling slightly shallow work. I like Tobey alway have, and this persona he uses to great effect in this but ultimately doesn't say much.

2. Charlie Boisvert's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

Genuinely moving despite the tale's variable arc. Solid acting and directing present.

4. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

When I was six I went to see My Dog Skip, a 1950s set period piece starring Frankie Muniz. I went into the wrong theatre and saw Cider House Rules. Two stars, would ask my terrified mother what an abortion is again.

5. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

Im Grunde ist das die Geschichte eines Waisenkindes, der von seinem eigenen Waisenhaus adoptiert wird und dem dort ansässigen Doktor ausgebildet. Es scheint seine Bestimmung zu sein, ewiges Waisenkind zu bleiben... mehr auf cinegeek.de http://www.cinegeek.de/gottes-werk-teufels-beitrag-cider-house-rules-1999-dvd-204

6. galuh indri's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

smart version of Forrest Gump

7. Murat G.'s rating of the film The Cider House Rules

Useless comment: Charlize Theron is absolute beauty.

8. fiksinoir's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

Mana novelnya...? Mana novelnya...? Jahanam, belum ada terjemahan? Seseorang tolong terjemahkan. Karena anak ini agak alergi bahasa asing. Dia sendiri sudah merasa terasing dalam budayanya sendiri.

9. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

10. peaches and plums's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

nothing happens but its nice to see paz de la huerta spitting

11. Adam Suraf's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

Melodramatic but expertly handled adaptation of a John Irving novel, with fine performances and a moving, emotional core. Irving won an Academy Award for his adaptation, as did Michael Caine (in a New England accent).

12. lukasbicho's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

13. ach's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

14. MovieDude1893's rating of the film The Cider House Rules

A great film from an even greater novel. Effortlessly moving, and consistently wary of melodramatic turns, this is a film that earns its wholly moving conclusion. Worth a view if only for Michael Caine's unflinchingly perfect performance.