1. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film The Circle

2+. Black Mirror did it first (and better).

2. Richard Tines's rating of the film The Circle

In which Hermione joins an uber-company that slaps a smiley face on the Utah Data Center's M.O....I committed the sin of watching the movie before reading the book, but I look forward to going through it's no doubt richer exploration of the brave New world of super-social media and roboculture...3.7 stars for the satisfying hypocrisy-double standard shattering conclusion...tech is only as good/bad as how it's used...

3. @frassivan's rating of the film The Circle

Un film mediocre che fa pensare.. a cose già pensate molto meglio da altri: La mort en direct (1979, con una splendida Romy Schneider), Nosedive (Black Mirror, terza stagione, diretto da Joe Wright) ecc.. Un risultato davvero troppo povero, decisamente sprecato per un cast così ricco.

4. bmelis's rating of the film The Circle

1.5 Is it ironic that the movie itself stands out as what Mae is most scared of, an unfilled potential?

5. Sofia's rating of the film The Circle

6. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Circle

7. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Circle

Very one-dimensional. Considering the topic, an uneasy feeling would have been in order. Unfortunately, all I experienced was slight boredom.

8. apriccot's rating of the film The Circle

9. crushedbones's rating of the film The Circle

I was actually quite enjoying this, but the last ten/fifteen minutes definitely needed more developing. Also, more Boyega please.

10. lazyatom's rating of the film The Circle

It's fairly entertaining, and the characters are certainly watchable, but it lacks the creeping dread that's present from the novel, as the main character buys in more and more to the company's twisted ethos that "sharing is caring" and "privacy is theft". The ending is simultaneously better and worse than the book's; more satisfying, perhaps, but with the weaker buildup, less significant.

11. thomisdead's rating of the film The Circle

A really bad adaptation of Egger's novel, it mashes the plot so much and changes the ending that weakens the whole premise of the movie, from a technological satire of Silicon Valley to a sugar-coated "we-against-them" kind of plot. Forgetful.

12. anarresti's rating of the film The Circle

The end doesn't do justice to the story, it left me with a bitter taste, a disappointment, like something failed. The links with Black Mirror make it very appealing, it shares the same references. But it lacks (seems to me) something more clear and incisive to say. It has a very good premise but it does not do enough with it. Lacks closure. (This is strictly after watching the movie, I have not read the novel).

13. tenonder's rating of the film The Circle

14. nadnab's rating of the film The Circle

15. Florencja Bandini's rating of the film The Circle

Never want to watch it a second time.

16. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film The Circle

One of the year's worst films for sure.

17. jeanlice's rating of the film The Circle

18. elenagallen's rating of the film The Circle

Totalitarian propaganda. A terrifying film for the wrongest reasons.

19. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film The Circle

I didn't feel a connection with any of the characters. This movie had so much potential. But damn Black Mirror does it better.

20. EEE333's rating of the film The Circle

Nice commentary on the madness of social media companies in Silicon valley

21. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Circle

On top of ineffective, intellectually limited, and emotional parched, the film is way too long, lacking proper tension and fluent narrative.

22. Lourenço Crespo's rating of the film The Circle

23. Leif Erikson's rating of the film The Circle

We won't live in the shadows anymore.

24. Rocketeam's rating of the film The Circle

It's like 1984 but we are all cool with being spied on because Big Brother has some sleek design and cool features.