1. Luz Sabina's rating of the film The City Below

2. 7777777's rating of the film The City Below

Beautiful cinematography, restrained minimalist vibe, first class acting, excellent direction. Very fine German quality craftsmanship.

3. msmichel's rating of the film The City Below

Hochhausler's film tells the story of an aging banker orchestrating an affair with a sub-ordinate's wife finding a connection with her that neither can deny. When the film is concentrated on that relationship it offers a quite fascinating view, however when it focuses on its banking subplot its lost in unfocused story and cryptic meaning. Both Krebitz and Hunger-Buhler impress here. But that ending...

4. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The City Below

A lot of wasted talented in this flick. You can tell that these actors have talent. You can tell that this director has talent. You can tell that the cinematographer has talent. ... but the writing is terrible. A movie about people we don't like. A movie about a subject we don't give a shit about. Bad people doing bad things to other bad people. And all of it done within a boring pace and little interest.

5. McOpinionated's rating of the film The City Below

I have no idea what was going on here or what the 2 aspects (corporate and corporeal) said to each other. Do people like the protagonists really exist? If they do, they should be somehow fascinating, but praps they only interest themselves, and people like them. I am perhaps not the right person to judge about such passionless impersonal and risky (sexual) behaviour. I would rather see seething emotion. Any emotion.

6. Steven Nuttall's rating of the film The City Below

Never has a romance with such apparent high stakes burned a more wan shade of beige. A laughable lack of chemistry that leads to one implausible scenario after another. It would appear to me that this film has made its comment about vacuity and emptiness quite by accident.

7. Adam S. Hacker's rating of the film The City Below

The perfect mix of German discipline and restraint, both on and off camera. Watching immediately following "The State I Am In" was a fun study on what MUBI points out as the maturing of modern German cinema. Bravo.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The City Below

Cold and clinical, and yet also passionate and fiery, The City Below features a great selection of performances, a cracking script, and solid direction from Christoph Hochhäusler.

9. Superfrog's rating of the film The City Below

A couple of great moments that get lost in a sea of overly formal and clean filmmaking. Generally failed to engage me.

10. captainfez's rating of the film The City Below

Jesus, just use Tinder, people.

11. Loz Loory's rating of the film The City Below

All artifice and no feeling. The dialogue was too stylized, the characters were unsympathetic, and the plot was uninteresting. The film-making felt arrogant and cold. Please, someone laugh or smile genuinely, show some evidence of humanity and save us from these zombies. There were possibilities with Andrew, but no such luck.

12. DrFirestone's rating of the film The City Below

Well, well, well... Corporate backstabbings, highly unlikable characters, love (???). The people, the interactions, and relationships in this film seem awkward and artificial. What they do, does not make much sense, nor is it emotionally engaging. The whole experience feels empty, just like the corporate robots portrayed. One extra point for the ending, which was surprisingly intriguing, even mysterious.

13. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The City Below

A current retelling of the story of King David and Bathsheba. A subtle, nuanced approach to an epic story. It may not strike you as much after your first viewing, but it will grow in your mind. An excellent film.

14. Inka's rating of the film The City Below

Me gustó pero ¿qué show con el final?

15. Michael Schmidt's rating of the film The City Below

The more I thought about this movie, the less sense it made. I can see how it might be interpreted as an allegory for larger social issues, but it didn't work on the immediate levels. The characters, their relationships, and their behaviors just weren't believable,

16. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The City Below

The film gains a lot through Benedikt Schiefer's unusual and innovative score.

17. UtaS's rating of the film The City Below

Well crafted and atmospheric. Long.

18. Wyatt69's rating of the film The City Below

The movie was entertaining and the acting was exceptional, but the ending was rather anticlimactic and the plot-line proved weak as well as shallow. Not only did a slanderous affair turn out to feature our "protagonists," but the characters developed to be nearly as unrelatable as they are unlikable. Hochhausler's injection of "love" into his portrayal of a cold, calculating, capitalists' society proved disastrous.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film The City Below

En arrière-plan toute l'impitoyable méthodologie du libéralisme à outrance pour augmenter les rendements, impulser le chiffre d'affaires et phagocyter les adversaires potentiels. Sur le devant de la scène, des êtres solitaires et fragiles qui ne connaissent que l'aimantation de la réussite et les spasmes du pouvoir. www.cinefiches.com

20. suede's rating of the film The City Below

Puzzling piece, in the moody aesthetic familiar from Hochhäusler and much of the Berlin school. Nicolette Krebitz's performance was amazingly perfect—such ease and natural cockiness. However, am quite unhappy with the plot again; even more so with the highly elliptical narration. And what on earth was that ending about? I feel ambivalent about this film. But at least it succeeded in making me think about it. 5.5/10.

21. Aprilia DS's rating of the film The City Below

one of my fave at Europe On Screen 2011. Edgy!

22. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The City Below

this has a ballardian vibe. pre-apocalyptic.

23. AugusteB's rating of the film The City Below

I love the film. Sharp dialogues and edgy characters in stunningly edited scenes. Brilliant camera as well.

24. Oistein Refseth's rating of the film The City Below

I`ve got some new for you. Bankers have feelings too.