1. redux's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

Expensive-looking demo reel of '90s CGI, hell-bent to out-pomp Terry Gilliam. The narrative tries to thematize its own lack of soul through an assortment of dark comicbook tropes, with no payoff. Unsavoury hints of paedophilia and signs of child mistreatment during production make it a real stinker.

2. Mert Kaya's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

visually unique but not my style.

3. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

Very strong visually, but lacking in some aspects of the story and overall cohesiveness which makes it a bit of a drag at some points.

4. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

Looks a lot like Kusturika's Underground.

5. Noah Leben's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

A surrealistic action adventure film featuring mind-controlling fleas, deformed women and a steampunk aesthetic. Judith Vittet is adorable as Miette, and the on-screen dynamic between her and Ron Pearlman's character One is possibly the film's biggest draw. Not a masterpiece, but certainly worth a watch. A great showcase for the tenacity of children (and for the antics of Dominique Pinon and Jean-Claude Dreyfus)

6. João Churro's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

7. Chris's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

8. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

Caro & Jeunet offrono un film ambizioso, con grandissimi pregi, ma anche grosse pecche. Il soggetto di base è interessante, ma purtroppo sia la trama che la sceneggiatura presentano un paio di buchi, a parer mio tranquillamente evitabili. Il film si salva grazie a delle buone performance recitative, specialmente da parte di Perlman, oltre che a delle scene visivamente godibili e sorprendenti. Vale il vostro tempo.

9. melis.'s rating of the film The City of Lost Children

10. kris's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

odd little film and strangely beautiful. It felt like a good find, having no expectation or information on this.

11. Log Lady's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

I'm starting to get fucking annoyed by Jeunet's overuse of the fish eye lens. Not only that, the quirkiness of his films feel kind of juvenile. A fairy tale for adults? Maybe, but a fairy tale that drags way too much in the middle and has annoying characters (ok, Perlman is excused, and maybe the girl, because she's the least annoying child actress I've encountered so far).

12. João Rocha's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

I really love all the female personas in here

13. sister chromatid's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

This is the style of film I am most captivated by - over-the-top dystopian fantasy and "how the fuck did they do that?" set design. While there are other Caro/Jeunet films that rank higher for me, I don't know if a whole lot could go wrong with Marc Caro visuals, Angelo Badalamenti doing the score, and Jean Paul Gaultier doing the costume design. Awesome crew.

14. Hyldre's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

Un film que j'ai vu de nombreuses fois, à tort. La magie n'opère plus, les effets sont fatigants, l'histoire ne me provoque aucun émoi. C'est un conte dystopique, certes, en général j'adore les deux genres. La magie de Jeunet avait fonctionné lorsque j'étais jeune, désormais, une belle photographie ne fait plus, pour moi, un grand film...

15. Siaudebert's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

Kept terrifying memories of it as a child

16. f-nanda's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

I'm trying to find words to describe my feelings torwards this movie.

17. Thijmen's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

I love the world that Jeunet sketches and draws you into. Great story and beautiful atmosphere.

18. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

I really beautiful film that explores human sentiment in the most trying situations.

19. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The City of Lost Children

20. redivivus's rating of the film The City of Lost Children

where dystopian meets surreal, i'll see in your (stolen) dreams...

21. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film The City of Lost Children