1. corycorycorycory's rating of the film The Civil War

Should be required viewing for high schoolers.

2. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film The Civil War

A masterpiece! A paramount achievement in television history. Ken Burns is a master storyteller and story editor with his use of voice-over, stills, interviews, quotes, old footage, historians, authors, actors and common people to tell the whole story of the Civil war.

3. Johnny DuBiel's rating of the film The Civil War

This is the first major television "event" (these don't really exist anymore) of which I remember actually being fully aware. Not simply giving us a "history lesson", Burns creates a narrative of the war. Some say that this is him at the height of his skills (I believe that 'Brooklyn Bridge' or 'Unforgivable Blackness' are better), and it IS incredibly focused (if not slightly boring) for such an epic undertaking

4. Sean's rating of the film The Civil War

Ken Burns at his very best

5. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The Civil War

shelby foote. that's all i gotta say.

6. Charles Foster Kane's rating of the film The Civil War

Vitally important documentary series, for all of its many errors of fact, omission, emphasis, and interpretation. If you wish to learn about this pivotal event in our country's history this is a great beginning, but only that. Read. Read. Read.

7. Dave's rating of the film The Civil War

The best, most entertaining documentary series that I have ever seen. Will it make you into an expert on the Civil War? Of course not, no documentary ever will. As a series, though, it is a great way to get someone interested history and it is never boring.