1. fada19's rating of the film The Comb

De beaux univers à la Jérôme Bosch

2. Eugénie's rating of the film The Comb

3. Fedor's rating of the film The Comb

A plunge into the unconscious — enigmatic and haunting puzzle never to be understood.

4. BUTTAUD's rating of the film The Comb

Une magnifique histoire cauchemardesque, un bel univers sonore....

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Comb

Intrigant et séduisant ! www.cinefiches.com

6. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Comb

2-3. Mostly seems to exist for the macabre whimsy of climbing through someone's psyche, with a strikingly intriguing moment here and there (like the finger twitch).

7. Ryan Swen's rating of the film The Comb

8. Feng Ling's rating of the film The Comb

9. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film The Comb

10. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film The Comb

I try not to rate anything with a single star. However, while there are certainly things to like about this film, it is, for me, an exercise in frustration. The animation is repetitive and without emotion. Worst of all it made me feel stupid for not "getting it". Not for me.

11. Will Thede's rating of the film The Comb

That twitching finger sends little pinpricks up and down the spine. The Brothers Quay favorite colors are black and white, but they sure succeed with this autumnal color scheme.

12. Brian Gutierrez's rating of the film The Comb

Reminds me of early cinema with the switching of the color to black & white stock, as in using it to show one space with a tone only to juxtapose it with another. This one dives into the dream & nightmare space head first where other films by them seem to walk the line slightly (to me, at least). But I always feel like I should watch the films again once the title cards come up.

13. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Comb

Definitely felt more going on here than with the previous short, Rehearsals For Extinct Anatomies.

14. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Comb

THE COMA would be a better title.

15. Ghostman's rating of the film The Comb

i don't really get it at all but it was cool

16. David R Williams's rating of the film The Comb

Nobody explores the depths of nightmare logic better than the Brothers Quay. You may not always know what you are looking at, but you know it is diseased and awful.

17. Samuel Wells's rating of the film The Comb

The film is strange to say the least. The look never quite settled with me and remained off-putting as a whole. The narrative was confused and left to grapple with than I would have desired. I never felt like the affectations to the film were ever really warranted or earned. Nevertheless it is interesting, maybe not in the traditional way, but the "Oh God" I can't look away.

18. runfromfire's rating of the film The Comb

Less focused than Extinct Anatomies and somehow it felt insincere. I don't know. Call me cynical but it felt like it was weird for the sake of weirdness.

19. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Comb

2.5 Took too long to tell linear story. Wonderful German Abstract Expressionism influence in the multi-level angled floors. Ladder theme felt tired. Didn't Dali do a ladder dream for Hitchcock? Lots of work though to do stop-motion, and commendable for maintaining distinctly unique universe. Wish my dreams were this mysterious. Am usually doing people's laundry while performing in a play without knowing my lines.

20. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Comb

(4.5 stars) My favorite of the four Quay Brothers films that I've seen. SO creepy and dark. Love that. But also... the shots are truly AMAZING!!! These guys know how to work with light and shapes and their shot composition is outrageous!!! So good. Wild and crazy, dark look inside the brain of something very disturbed.

21. Michael Buice's rating of the film The Comb

I almost don't want to believe this is twenty-five years old; it feels much older, derived from an antiquated culture far removed from anything in the world today. Proof that form can supersede substance to miraculous effect.

22. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Comb

These bros sure make some creepy stuff.

23. bodhishin's rating of the film The Comb

The Brothers Quay are maddeningly inventive.

24. Vincent Balcer's rating of the film The Comb

Film de peu d'animation, chiant (même si non dénué d'une certaine beauté).