1. Kaj's rating of the film The Comedy

What heavy, incisive investigation of the loneliness of the rich man.

2. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film The Comedy

masterclass in directing an alien's reactions to mor(t)ality

3. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Comedy

"Instead of getting to something, he's trying to get away from something." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2016/01/episode-86-rick-alverson-arrives-2010.html

4. antibody's rating of the film The Comedy

2nd watch review: Maybe the defining cultural movie of my generation. If 'Girls' is the show your parents watch and say, "Now I get you kids!," this movie is meant to be the antithesis of that shit. Brooklyn post 2005... We're shit. Bomb this place to hell. 1st watch review:this movie is about me :/

5. madnuge's rating of the film The Comedy

Τιμόθεος και Ερρίκος, καλή δουλειά!

6. Leroy Martin's rating of the film The Comedy

7. saitosouta's rating of the film The Comedy

Miserable hipster tale directed by Don Delillo.

8. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Comedy

9. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Comedy

10. mt.fuji's rating of the film The Comedy

Record labels shouldn't make movies.

11. Francesco Maria Carreri's rating of the film The Comedy

12. E R J's rating of the film The Comedy

taxi driver without the violence

13. Blumes's rating of the film The Comedy

Tim Heidecker is among the best performers I'm aware of - all of his work, all of the time.

14. sewslow's rating of the film The Comedy

I was surprised at how this film overflows with Tim and Eric-style humor, and I do feel like many people may not enjoy the film simply due to that fact. The main ideas in the film are not difficult to understand. Sunrise's comment below absolutely hits the nail on the head (read it!). As much as I enjoyed this film and think it is well worth seeing if it interests you, I believe one viewing is enough.

15. My Paredros's rating of the film The Comedy

I see this film as horror rather than comedy, or however you want to name the genres acting successfully in concert. The choice of Basinski's disintegration loops as bookends confirms this, I think.

16. Jack Butler's rating of the film The Comedy

A chilling meditation on modern 'comedy', and its death by implosion. An account of an arms-race of shock fought between social cannibals. A joke whose punchline is sleeping on a boat somewhere.

17. britney spears's rating of the film The Comedy

"The Disintegration Loop" by William Basinski

18. Sunrise's rating of the film The Comedy

As Swanson joins a minority landscaping crew, he challenges the upperclass caucasian homeowners by requesting a deserved pool swim. A complex disappointment is expressed when Swanson receives an under-affected 'yes.' His own social class defies his expectations of racism, yet also disappoint in their careless answer. Swanson further attempts to invalidate belief in any divergent '-isms' to reignite a societal faith.

19. I B's rating of the film The Comedy

A seriously haunting film.

20. Jonathan's rating of the film The Comedy

everyone's all "oh man, i can never watch Blue Valentine again, so much trauma" fuck you, this film makes Blue Valentine look like a Disney film.

21. Harry Rossi's rating of the film The Comedy

While I can't say I "enjoyed" watching this film, I did find it incredibly effective, accurate, and extremely disturbing. A portrait of a culture and of a kind of people that I absolutely despise and unmasking it for just how emotionally vapid it is. We live in a culture obsessed more with irony than true sincerity that is frightening to me. These people seem physically unable to connect on a basic human level.

22. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film The Comedy

23. film_lies101's rating of the film The Comedy

I get it, I just don't won't to ever see it again

24. a Smith's rating of the film The Comedy

So this guy goes up to these kids, and he sa--a boy and a girl--and he says, "You want to hear--you want a joke?" They smile and say "Yes, please." So he stares at them.