1. Diogo Pires's rating of the film The Comedy

what about this one for a hell of an absurdist movie. it's not entertaining in the pure sense of the term - it can be disturbing and it functions as a kind of anti-comedy. I guess there are two ways of watching this: one is that you identify with the main character (because of his search for something beyond materiality, or even for his despise for everything); the other is that you hate (...)

2. Daniel Pechan's rating of the film The Comedy

I hated the hipsters too much to finish the movie

3. Can Boyan's rating of the film The Comedy

A stinking shit bricolage.

4. anarresti's rating of the film The Comedy

Nihilist and Oblomovian. Don't really know if I liked it.

5. Mister Monkeyman's rating of the film The Comedy

Troubling, uncomfortable and incisively observed film about spiritual bankruptcy. Comedy becomes no frivolous amusement, but the sickly gloss that covers over the protagonist's numbness and self-loathing.

6. Natty's rating of the film The Comedy

he did deserve a hard slap.

7. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Comedy

Part 2 in my Mubi Experiment of watching each Film of the Day for one week. I’m not yet regretting the idea, but “The Comedy” did remind me that some of these hours will feel wasted. Obviously I am missing the point of this mental jackassing (perhaps something within the Bermuda triangle of nihilism/cynicism/irony) but I seriously doubt that even “getting the point” would make this movie seem worthwhile to me.

8. ADV's rating of the film The Comedy

You have an international audience. Do you Remeber? WE NEED SUBTITLES !!!!!

9. El Mau's rating of the film The Comedy

Una más sin subtítulos...

10. Mxs's rating of the film The Comedy

Great film. It plays so well with the whole perfomance art/"anti-comedy" world of Tim Heidecker, its almost like you cant see line between Tim & Eric, Cinema on Cinema, the real life heidecker and Neil Hamburguer. It brings a whole history of a brand of humor and a group of people that may be beyond classification. If you like this movie watch the "follow-up" Entertainment

11. Kaj's rating of the film The Comedy

What heavy, incisive investigation of the loneliness of the rich man.

12. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film The Comedy

masterclass in directing an alien's reactions to mor(t)ality

13. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Comedy

"Instead of getting to something, he's trying to get away from something." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2016/01/episode-86-rick-alverson-arrives-2010.html

14. antibody's rating of the film The Comedy

2nd watch review: Maybe the defining cultural movie of my generation. If 'Girls' is the show your parents watch and say, "Now I get you kids!," this movie is meant to be the antithesis of that shit. Brooklyn post 2005... We're shit. Bomb this place to hell. 1st watch review:this movie is about me :/

15. madnuge's rating of the film The Comedy

Τιμόθεος και Ερρίκος, καλή δουλειά!

16. Leroy Martin's rating of the film The Comedy

17. saitosouta's rating of the film The Comedy

Miserable hipster tale directed by Don Delillo.

18. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Comedy

19. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Comedy

20. mt.fuji's rating of the film The Comedy

Record labels shouldn't make movies.

21. E R J's rating of the film The Comedy

taxi driver without the violence

22. Blumes's rating of the film The Comedy

Tim Heidecker is among the best performers I'm aware of - all of his work, all of the time.

23. sewslow's rating of the film The Comedy

I was surprised at how this film overflows with Tim and Eric-style humor, and I do feel like many people may not enjoy the film simply due to that fact. The main ideas in the film are not difficult to understand. Sunrise's comment below absolutely hits the nail on the head (read it!). As much as I enjoyed this film and think it is well worth seeing if it interests you, I believe one viewing is enough.

24. My Paredros's rating of the film The Comedy

I see this film as horror rather than comedy, or however you want to name the genres acting successfully in concert. The choice of Basinski's disintegration loops as bookends confirms this, I think.