1. crushedbones's rating of the film The Commitments

"God sent him" "On a fucking Suzuki?"

2. FelicityDreamer's rating of the film The Commitments

Uplifting music drama undercut with political and social commentary. The film encourages the viewer to live the songs, episodic though that be. I can't fault the film.

3. Rocketeam's rating of the film The Commitments

I remember watching this film as a kid and really enjoying it, man I had such a crush on Maria Doyle's character. I watched it recently and loved it even more.

4. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Commitments

"We skipped the light fandango turned cartwheels 'cross the floor. I was feeling kinda seasick but the crowd called out for more" I'm still in awe by how clever was the use of that enigmatic line, it not only comes from one of my favourite songs, but works as a dignified compendium of a short-lived but magical trainwreck that the characters, and the public, can only watch passing by with a smile.

5. Stevan Bjeletić's rating of the film The Commitments

Quite interesting movie. Especially how Joey The Lips gets laid.

6. Starshine's rating of the film The Commitments

7. João Tenório's rating of the film The Commitments

This film made me form a band.

8. Dzimas's rating of the film The Commitments

It was fun to watch for the most part, but so typical Alan Parker. All that excess emotion looking for some place to vent.

9. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film The Commitments

I don't know how Parker's amazing sense of visuals and rhythm failed him so spectacularly here.

10. Slowart's rating of the film The Commitments

my friend has recently had some fundamental problems with his band and this movie bloody hits the bull's eye + it's bittersweet with a fine ending and i agree it's the best film of an average director

11. Drewcifer's rating of the film The Commitments

My favorite film, directed by one of my least favorite directors. Go figure.