1. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Company

As I see it, this could be 'Robert Altman's Ballet Documentary'. OK, this is good but I definitely expected something different. Altman can do it so much better.

2. Adam GR's rating of the film The Company

Really actually gorgeous. Intriguingly marred by Michael McDowell's voice and James Franco's ingenue acting, but Neve Campbell is a ballerina. Altman you sonofabitch. Chicago rep.

3. Ethan's rating of the film The Company

Like most of Altman's films this feels like a staged documentary. With Neve Campbell playing a part she is passionate about and Malcolm McDowell doing his best Robert Altman impression, this film is a true gem.

4. Tendoza's rating of the film The Company

I think this one of Altman's strongest efforts from the back half of his career. Lapses in time and artistic logic (both on/behind the stage and the film itself) make for a refreshing and peculiar watch. Not for everyone obviously, but unlike some of Altman's other ensemble films, this one avoids simple characterizations and lacks the bitterness that turns me off of some of his work.

5. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film The Company

Not coming to-the-point will some viewers of ‘The Company’ probably frustrate. Yet this film gives a good view at the phenomenon of ‘dance’. I have to admit it’s a strange film. There is no plot. There is no main character. And the story is told by the camera. Long takes, wide shots and interesting placement of the camera. Overall a very ambiguous film. I found it definitely worth watching (for the second time).

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Company

A very good surprise. Ensemble film about the creation of a movie, sorry, a ballet. Superb performance by Robert McDowell. Recommended!

7. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Company

Un buon film,che risulta tremendamente freddo nel descrivere questa compagnia di ballo in cui coesistono gioie e dolori,drammi e immancabilmente amori.Certo la trama non coinvolge mai,ed il tutto è soffocato dalla stupenda messa in scena dei balletti e dei suoi colori che colpiscono sempre nel segno.Non il miglio Altman,ma comunque una pellicola degna,che esalta gli amanti della danza.

8. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film The Company

A delightful film about dance, complemented by an incidental love story. Altman's focus is on the subject; the characters and everything else are really secondary, which may deter some viewers. The style is Altman true to form: a kind of detached, whimsical observation of an intriguing milieu.

9. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film The Company

Unfortunately, dancing aside, I found this anything but natural. The whole thing was very awkward and artificial.

10. Julien Bayle's rating of the film The Company

I saw it adviced by my wife and I had a nice movie session.

11. Natalie Guevara's rating of the film The Company

subtle Robert Altman: everything comes together in the end, especially in the dance world. I must be somewhat traditional 'cuz I didn't care for all the avant-garde ballet performances in this movie, but it was so great to see Neve Campbell dance; I had no idea she wasn't ever just on "Party of Five." James Franco plays the typical Altman character in this: always reacting, always interacting with his environment.

12. m.morbo's rating of the film The Company

I guess it is a good film for people of the sector and fans of the world of dance. personally I am not and I was sooooo bored :/