1. Peter Walsh's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

A tale within a dream, within the memory of a folktale? This knocks Inception into a corner with it's collapsing narrative, Angela Carter's exquisite magic-realist take on red riding hood brought vividly and fantastically to life.

2. Ismawati Dasuki's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

The best of Neil Jordan. Love it!

3. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

The visuals and production design are sumptuous, like a painting in motion. The narrative, however, is developed in metaphor much more than the actual characters being well developed, akin to a fairy tale. The Company of Wolves is very creative and lush in its design and meaning, thus it attains emotion from those avenues, even if it feels like a lesson of instruction instead of a story.

4. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

Jordan's first attempt at the horror genre (with fantasy blended in) with a unique take on the classic "Red Riding Hood" tale. Set up is amazing and looks like a dark version of a children's storybook, the tales told & opening/ending were both interesting to watch & amazingly executed at the same time. One of his first but also one of his very best.

5. Fabiha's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

"I'm sorry. I never knew a wolf could cry."

6. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

Dodaje do listy strasznych horrorów!

7. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

Brings more in the way of theme and character exploration than your average werewolf story. Going in, I certainly wasn't expecting the film to so fully embrace the nature of fairy tales as archetypal abstractions. And in doing so, this movie really set itself apart.

8. kit duckworth's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

It must (?) show what Angela Carter need only suggest.

10. Stefano Pesenti C.'s rating of the film The Company of Wolves

11. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

Really it had no raison d'etre.

12. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

One of those films that lives better in the memory than on a screen. What seemed revelatory and dangerous comes across on a revisit as an exercise in portentous, if occasionally thrilling, symbolism. Its harkening back to the studio-bound films of yore only reminds me that Michael Powell's world of Pinewood Himalayas was so much defter in its fairytale perversity than it first appeared.

13. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

Fantastic. Reminiscent of the dreaminess of Corman's Poe adaptations, with its own childlike whimsy, and modern sexual undertones. My personal favorite of Jordan's work.

14. Kristian Ramsden's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

"Never trust a man whose eyebrows met in the middle!" Always good to see Angela Lansbury in a film.

15. nothere's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

I believe seeing this film as a kid might be the best way. It has its fair share of evocative images(Close-up of drops of tears), and a dreamy plot/pacing. As an adult, I'm not buying it--the sets looks all the same, the special effects are crummy, and the men are all unattractive. The narrative misses it's mark too often and when it should be fantastical, eerie, and erotic, its obvious and just plain silly.

16. Tigrão's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

A strange film, who benefits from an eerie atmosphere, some fantastic sets, and strangely erotic moments.

17. a Smith's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

Has followed me since early childhood like a nightmare I couldn't forget; in fact, for a long time, I thought I had only dreamed this movie (and probably, I had dreamed it, and memories of those dreams merged with my nebulous memories of the actual film). I still await the right time to watch this as an adult.

18. Hellshocked's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

A beautiful, frightening Jungian exploration of sexual awakening. Rosaleen, having lost her sister to womanhood, must now undertake the same journey herself. She moves uneasily through the forest at first, afraid of what may find her, but eventually sets aside her grandmother's advice to stick to path and beware the company of wolves. The child cannot become a woman, after all, so long as she remains unscathed...

19. Ethan Vestby's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

It's constantly shifting nature may make it veer into the occasional dull spot, but it also gives it a strange energy that benefits its feminist text.

20. Nikola's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

Not exactly a plot-driven horror film, and people looking for this will be sorely disappointed... On the other hand, it is a fabulous study of the Little Red Riding Hood story related to gender, sexuality and growth.

21. HeadGEAR's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

Sarah Patterson's Rosaleen still haunts my dreams.

22. MR. Universe's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

A Truly slept on underrated werewolf horror film. that mixes in just enough fantasy

23. okmusic's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

One of the most memorable films of my childhood.

24. Johnny DuBiel's rating of the film The Company of Wolves

It's non-linear (bordering on stream of conciousness) narrative structure (read: non-mainstream) is the ONLY reason I can think of that keeps this film out of discussions among the greatest horror films of all-time. Of course, it isn't an all-out horror vehicle either. Jordan's werewolf parable is a singular experience. For once, a horror film that's critical of MALE sexuality.