1. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film The Conversation

Hold your horses, Coppola! Cause I wasn't expecting this. An entertaining thriller about surveillance and personal invasion? Sure! But a soul shattering exploration of loneliness, vicariousness and regret that culminates in one of the most pathos filled endings I've seen in a movie?! Like, I had no reason to underestimate you on this, seeing that you had just made The Godfather, but I sincerely wasn't expecting this.

2. Adam Metwally's rating of the film The Conversation

In my mind, this stands on the same stepladder with Apoc Now, Godfather Part I and II. The audio "bug" was in the saxophone the whole time.

3. Luca Di Gianni's rating of the film The Conversation

4. Malt Frisky's rating of the film The Conversation

You'll get a lot more out of it the 2nd viewing because the A-ha moment doesn't hit until the final 15 minutes where your just baffled what the hell is going on. Hackman continually hearing voices and static radio in his head really comes across that he is a man in pure paranoia depression and fear. The fact that an open convention is being held on ways to invade your privacy is Big Brother levels of disturbing.

5. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Conversation

Often overshadowed by his other masterpiece like THE GODFATHER trilogy or APOCALYPSE NOW, this movie - I think - is as same as great like those movies. Director Francis Ford Coppola was able to create a suspense and a paranoia feeling. THE CONVERSATION is thrilling, exciting, suspenseful, and never bored me. Gene Hackman's acting is amazing. His transition from normal into paranoid is superb. Loved its cinematography

6. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film The Conversation

7. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Conversation

When I saw this movie at its first release, I thought it was Coppola’s most perfect achievement. I now rate the first two “Godfather” films higher. However, Gene Hackman gives the finest performance in all three films.

8. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Conversation

This is an art-film about paranoia & suspicion. It is a pre-vision of the growing role of technology in our daily lives. It makes clear that privacy is becoming impossible. The atmosphere of the evil, the obsession of the protagonist & the music; all of it works its way under your skin.... Hackman is brilliant in a performance that might be the best of his career. Masterpiece.

9. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Conversation

Deeply entertaining movie that mixes suspense and lightness. Really interesting use of camera movements, and the scripts focuses well on the main characters obsession and guilt. The most interesting aspect is that he's no danger to begin with, and many others wouldn't even feel guilty - yet he gets stuck in it to preserve his morality.

10. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film The Conversation

One of those rare films that I'd wager is perfect in all the aspects it wants to be what it is.... but also a film that I don't like as much as I try to. It makes me feel alienated and emotionally detached. A film like Repulsion is also icy dramatically, but it still manipulates you with its emotions. This is a Brechtian-style of realism, a detached reality: a realism that's bloated, dry, and dramatically drifting.

11. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Conversation

One of those films everyone loves but me.

12. haugenlars's rating of the film The Conversation

13. Sara Lucas's rating of the film The Conversation

14. MELO TINTO's rating of the film The Conversation

15. Alex Mitici's rating of the film The Conversation

sunt supy că nu era microfon în dumnezeu. paranoia.

16. Joao Domingues's rating of the film The Conversation

BFI "Who Can You Trust" (Thriller Season) Launch 2017

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Conversation

63/100 (Blow up filminin ideasını çalması, gizem katmak için gereksiz yere filmi karmaşıklığa sürüklemesi ve kendini tekrar etmesi büyük sıkıntı. Ha bunların dışında sorun yok gibi evet doğru ama kesinlikle ederi bu puanlar değil. Sinematografi, oyunculuklar, müzikler ve filmin sonu şahane ama sadece bu kadar. Benzeri Das Leben Der Anderen bundan on kat daha iyi. Abartanlara hatırlatmak istedim..)

18. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Conversation

A fascinatingly inverted morality play with ambiguous and fragmentary notions of privacy, guilt and (for this period, almost obligatory) paranoia. No straight road to Damascus here with Hackman excelling in a shiftily nuanced and torn role. Shire's alternately naggingly riffy piano theme and dissonant musique concrete superbly underscore the bluey-grey visual palette in a (thrillingly) locked mise-en-scene.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film The Conversation

Une oeuvre exceptionnelle, d'un pessimisme radical qui dévoile les méandres et les dangers d'un monde obscur et souterrain entre paranoïa et Kafka, voyeurisme auditif et sournoise manipulation qui malheureusement n'a absolument rien de fictionnel... www.cinefiches.com

20. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Conversation

3-4. I was surprised that the bulk of the conflict comes from the way the protagonist interacts with the people around him (friends, lovers, etc.) and himself as opposed to having been generated by the spy plot the movie is centered around. I think that's what makes it a stronger movie than 'Blow-up' at a basic level. Antonioni's movie just sort of bends to its own worldview without a whole lot of consequences.

21. zdravk3's rating of the film The Conversation

22. anacecil's rating of the film The Conversation

Muy buena, interesante !!! Una exclente obra !!

23. Dalibor's rating of the film The Conversation

Artsy thriller that keeps it's integrity throughout and ends on a superbly filmed and provocative note. Successfully balancing both personal and socially engaged topics, the film is predominately a visual and acoustic experience, which might prove to be somewhat stingy on character developments and slow to reach some obvious conclusions in it's case of moral vs. practical.

24. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Conversation