1. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

Maybe not faithful but it stands on it's on two legs so to speak.

2. Ghostman's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

Honestly I loved this. It's refreshing to see a Hollywood picture made with sincerity and surety of tone. The performances were excellent and the revenge was well built. I suppose it also helps that the story is great, or at least I assume the classic novel lives up to its reputation. Now I want to read it.

3. Dave's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

How true is it to the source material? I don't really know. But it does utilize the timeless story from Dumas and creates a highly entertaining adaptation that reminds of the type of "swashbuckling" entertainment that old Hollywood films would provide.

4. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

When you have a classic story like this all you have to do is get good performances out of the actors, keep the pacing, and shoot some cool shots. This did those things. Loved the final fight and the low low shots used. Entire ensemble is great. Exciting adventure. Loved every minute of it.

5. Trunfos's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

6. Addy K.'s rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

When the Count of Monte Cristo can roll up to his 16th century party in a hot air balloon— with Cirque du Soleil acrobats climbing down ropes—does it really make sense to question director Kevin Reynold's commitment to Dumas' classic novel? The cartoonish but fun villain (Guy Pearce) and cliched revenge plot are easily compensated by a genuine desire to entertain. For a Hollywood picture, the sincerity is endearing.

7. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

I loved this film when it came out. ahah

8. Max Hilmer's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

This is not just an incredible adventure but something deeper. Cigar rollers in Cuba would have this story read to them while they worked, and they loved it so much they christened the montecristo cigar after it. This says a lot about the film, at the surface it's a story of love, loss, and revenge, but go a bit deeper and its really about capitalism.

9. Igor Leoni's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

10. Tigrão's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

Classy and elegantly directed, it captures that spirit of old swashbucklers that seems so rare to find today. It is not over-stylized, and beautifully shot. I have not read the book, but as a standalone film, it surprised me more than anything.

11. emichan's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

Jesus Christ plays Edmond Dantes in an another Alexandre Dumas adaptation.

12. Jonathan C.'s rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

Much better than I thought it was going to be. Probably because Dumas' story is so freaking good. I read that they deviated from the book, and I read some complaints about that. But it's still a pretty kick-ass movie.

13. localdjango's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

"Portrait of the Sculptor Paul Lemoyne" by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres resembles James Caviezel in this film

14. Arisa's rating of the film The Count of Monte Cristo

I am very happy about this screenshot.