1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Un chef-d'oeuvre du cinéma soviétique, d'une maîtrise technique époustouflante, à l'étonnante intensité émotionnelle, qui reste une référence en ce qui concerne la production russe des années 1950, moult fois primé en festivals... www.cinefiches.com

2. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Dacă o să vă spun că am plâns ieri vizionând unul dintre cele mai umane filme făcute vreodată, n-o să vă spun nimic. Pablo Picasso, după ce a ieșit de la premieră a zis că ”this is outstanding cinematic poetry”. Aș adăuga că o mișcare de cameră și o compoziție precum cea a domnului Urusevsky n-am mai întâlnit la nimeni, poate doar la expresioniștii germani înainte, și la Tarkovski după.

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

The editing in this is some next level shit!

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

The cinematography is amongst the best I've ever seen. The main problem is the melodrama which is punctuated by the soundtrack. It just makes me want to watch some Tarkovsky.

5. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

every time I revisit this film I love it more than the last, and for entirely new reasons. it's truly a masterful work that stands out among its contemporaries, and has stood the test of time and remains relevant some 60 years later.

6. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

7. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Kalatozov’s gem focusing on the love between a young couple and how it was torn apart by by WW2. The story is probably the most coherent, and overall satisfying/devastating he ever achieved. But to be fair the real strength lies in its expressionist composition. There’s no director as consistently phenomenal cinematically, and with Cranes he truly mastered the art of camera movement and spectacular imagery.

8. Joel Shelton's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Mesmerizing, poetic, and emotionally powerful. This film also contains some of the most lush and fluid camera movement in cinematic history. Every frame is packed with complex symmetry, exquisite detail, and beautifully cinematography. This film is an essential piece and masterwork of Russian cinema.

9. moniquekidman's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

The star is obviously the masterful camerawork, which creates several breathtaking sequences that border on avant-garde. The rousing sentimentalism that closes the film is well-earned considering the tragic events that precede. I'm just still in awe at the execution of much of the film.

10. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

11. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

I think i may just watch all of kalatozov's films (or the ones i can get my hands on) for the sake of his genius eye. amazing!

12. v.'s rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

жгущее руки занятие перетягивать времени жгут безо всякой надежды

13. Rhinnnn's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

"The meaning of life? Maybe it's in..."

14. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

15. francisca bacon's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Haven't expected for a moment this would be so cold. To employ a J. Kristeva disjunction, "Cranes" is symbolic (carries a structure & fine editing acc. to best standards; is adamant about the martially Utopian, off-front line circumscription of civilian duty as in an unintentional "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" which makes it less detestable than Mizoguchi's "Poppies" though) but never semiotic (poetic, musical, feminine).

16. Aardsy's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

The poor, Russian IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE.

17. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

18. Joel's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Not as transcendent as other Russian film of it's time but it did have wonderful film-work and a powerful message at it's core. More important for Russian thought then perhaps a western audience can understand. I will need to revisit this.

19. mlstrx's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

i'm not wounded but... (the first film that has ever made me cry!)

20. postblueink's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

9/10 (01.12.2015) Tatiana Samoilova!

21. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

4.5 stars. Very powerful.

22. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Des 2000 et quelques films que j'ai vu, j'en considère 32 comme étant "parfaits". Il en fait parti.

23. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

It can slip into overt melodrama sometimes but the way the camera chases after Veronica in the crowds is sublime.The sequence when the camera follows her in to the burning building is amazing.

24. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying