1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

2. Joel Shelton's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Mesmerizing, poetic, and emotionally powerful. This film also contains some of the most lush and fluid camera movement in cinematic history. Every frame is packed with complex symmetry, exquisite detail, and beautifully cinematography. This film is an essential piece and masterwork of Russian cinema.

3. moniquekidman's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

The star is obviously the masterful camerawork, which creates several breathtaking sequences that border on avant-garde. The rousing sentimentalism that closes the film is well-earned considering the tragic events that precede. I'm just still in awe at the execution of much of the film.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

5. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

I think i may just watch all of kalatozov's films (or the ones i can get my hands on) for the sake of his genius eye. amazing!

6. verba's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

жгущее руки занятие перетягивать времени жгут безо всякой надежды

7. Rhinnnn's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

"The meaning of life? Maybe it's in..."

8. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

9. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Haven't expected for a moment this would be so cold. To employ a J. Kristeva disjunction, "Cranes" is symbolic (carries a structure & fine editing acc. to best standards; is adamant about the martially Utopian, off-front line circumscription of civilian duty as in an unintentional "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" which makes it less detestable than Mizoguchi's "Poppies" though) but never semiotic (poetic, musical, feminine).

10. Aardsy's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

The poor, Russian IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE.

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

12. Joel's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Not as transcendent as other Russian film of it's time but it did have wonderful film-work and a powerful message at it's core. More important for Russian thought then perhaps a western audience can understand. I will need to revisit this.

13. mlstrx's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

i'm not wounded but... (the first film that has ever made me cry!)

14. postblueink's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

9/10 (01.12.2015) Tatiana Samoilova!

15. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Des 2000 et quelques films que j'ai vu, j'en considère 32 comme étant "parfaits". Il en fait parti.

17. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

It can slip into overt melodrama sometimes but the way the camera chases after Veronica in the crowds is sublime.The sequence when the camera follows her in to the burning building is amazing.

18. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Yz

19. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Ma scène préférée est celle du départ de Boris. C'est l'un des continuous shot plus émotionnels que j'avais vus. Les yeux de Tatiana Samoïlova me rendent penser ceux de Audrey Hepburn.

20. João Rocha's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

what a fucking masterpiece. And I really really love Tatiana Samoilova. She's a treasure

21. Rahul's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

The plot is all melodrama, but Tatyana and the cinematography, my god.

22. KinoLaszlo's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

One of the most beautiful film I've ever seen.

23. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

24. Matteo Marchisano-Adamo's rating of the film The Cranes Are Flying

Another masterpiece in Soviet Cinema.