1. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Cremator

A masterpiece on all counts and one of the bleakest films I’ve seen. Kopflrking should belong to the horror allstar gallery: a repulsive, obsessive, opportunistic maniac that embodies the moral decadence of the Fascist era. But it’s not just the characters and the script,but also the cinematic storytelling, editing, camerawork... all the elements support each other and make this film the dark jewel of cinema history.

2. Genadijus L.'s rating of the film The Cremator

Shockingly disturbing storytelling and visual language of smashed editing, dosing close-ups, random macabre shots - all this brings an exceptional cinematic experience you'll need several hours to absorb it. Masterwork is a true candy for every cinephile by the great late czech filmmaker Juraj Herz.

3. Joel's rating of the film The Cremator

Unlike anything I've ever seen before, a mad love-poem to the temple of death. A spiraling monologue full of snap edits and the slow drone pulse of a funeral opera. A deranged haunting trip. The real deal of surreal cult art-house masterpiece.

4. Enkiled's rating of the film The Cremator

ba pompefunebre, ce-i cu arfele astea?

5. Aida's rating of the film The Cremator

The ultimate anti nihilist , atheistic work of art. What a terrible thing it is to constantly mind oneself with death . Nazis, Catholics, mystics, Jews, and cremators have that one thing in common.We cannot properly mediate human atrocities unless we abrogate religion,which so vociferously studies death and whatever comes after it.

6. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Cremator

7. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film The Cremator

8. Fabiha's rating of the film The Cremator

"The sooner the man returns to dust...the sooner he is set free, transformed."

9. Renton47's rating of the film The Cremator

It feels like a great work of anti-corporeal philosophy, Kierkegaard and the Continental ilk who saw in their bodies the manifestation of all uncleanliness. Which obviously links it to purity, cleansing and sterility - a fairly remarkable metaphor. Occupies a self-inflated headspace that visualises as complete loathing. Remarkable cinema but will work better when I'm not trying to catch up with its plot, pace. 3.5

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Cremator

11. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Cremator

A detailed psychoanalysis of the potential for evil that resides in us all. Every scene adds to the likening of its character's mere bourgeoisie conformity simultaneously harboring a hateful political extremist, making The Cremator's analysis of Nazism's rise as a collective belief pure Freudian. The clinical examination may bleed out its movieness, but this isn't so much a film, but a deeper understanding of life.

12. r u f o's rating of the film The Cremator

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Cremator

14. FISCHER's rating of the film The Cremator

Une extraordinaire interprétation du grand Rudolf Hrusinsky, dans un festival d'humour noir, où le macabre s'allie avec l'outrance, l'humour avec une virulente dénonciation. Sublime et férocement inquiétant ! www.cinefiches.com

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Cremator

He seemed nice. Bit of a talker, though. The opening credits were amazing, and the transitions were mind blowing.

16. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film The Cremator

Is it a coincidence that possibly the greatest horror film ever made is also one of the most empathetic to its monster? Or one that exposes how easily even the most gentle person is capable of becoming one? Yeah, this film never fails to scare the shit out of me.

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Cremator

94/100 (This movie not psychological-horror. Thats about racism and nazism)

18. redux's rating of the film The Cremator

The real 'Il conformista'. Devastating adaptation of the Fuks novel, with gorgeous cinematography, acting, music and editing.

19. Onbestendig's rating of the film The Cremator

20. Leti's rating of the film The Cremator

"there is nothing certain in this life,except death.."

21. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Cremator

starts out as a compelling psychodrama but takes an unwelcome turn into paint-by-numbers allegory with incoherent character development. I get what it's saying, it just doesn't say it in a way that benefits its narrative

22. Gerdrût's rating of the film The Cremator

"The flames will not hurt you, my beloved."

23. El Biffo's rating of the film The Cremator

A macabre entry from the Golden Age of Psychedelic Czech Cinema.

24. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film The Cremator

The masterful direction and incredibly creepy acting by Rudolf Hrusínský make The Cremator one of the most impressive horror movies I've seen. The world around our protagonist is falling to pieces and he sees it as an opportunity to get ahead in his career. His obsession with death is sometimes funny, mostly morbid and the way the movie shows the decaying of his soul as the Nazi's encroach on his country is haunting.