1. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

Réalisé à la veille des élections du Front Populaire, nous avons un film adroitement orienté vers la solidarité ouvrière, contre le pitoyable monde des capitalistes exploiteurs. Oeuvre humaine et spontanée qui fait date dans l'histoire du cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

3. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

Every time I see a Renoir's film I get more convinced that he is the most generous, fair and beautiful director of all time. How could you judge that crime after this film? It's not a apology to murder, it's just a film composed by grey areas. He completely blurred the black and white judgment and he creat in every spectator the space and time to fall in love and despise the characters without imposing.

4. josh scam's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

5. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

I do love me some good socialist critique but this one was made using puppets and stereotypes, which is fun but not exactly elegant. Also, why have leftist agenda that doesn't acknowledge the blatant racism of the main character's writing? That said, I loved the dogs, Estelle's coat and the absolutely hilarious handling of the pregnancy.

6. Holyphool's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

7. El Biffo's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

I found this in the public library!

8. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

ARIZONA JEEM ARIZONA JEEM ARIZONA JEEM ARIZONA JEEM

9. Greg S.'s rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

Simultaneously tells a success story and one of murder intertwined with vignettes of young love and even upfront sexuality. Renoir guides the viewer through the mini universe he creates with some of his finest camera work. Characters bounce off each other frantically and Renoir finds humanity amongst all of them. Renoir's use of music, transitions and female independence, struck me as incredibly modern. Masterpiece.

10. Guy Sands's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

There is so much going on in this film! I love it! it's more naturalistic than Renoir's Toni or A Day in the Country in many ways, it has the irreverence of Truffaut and Godard's early work, It prefigures the mise en scene of Maurice Pialat, it has the naive poetic realism of the young Jacques Prevert, the sound is unbelievably naturalistic and creative. perhaps the best performance of Jules Berry. So Much!

11. chanandre's rating of the film The Crime of Monsieur Lange

[Cinémathèque PT #225: 35 mm] (2006)